• Have you had warranty issues with can am belts

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have brand new 2020 canam maverick max rr turbo 30k machine not even 300 miles vechile in limp mode belt has problems this is not covered under warranty did not go into water play on rocks. Wow can鈥檛 believe no coverage at this price. Never again will,I buy a canam product

Registered
Haha.

1st post and you're already Bit$+ing.

Have you taken it back to the dealership?
Have you checked the alignment of Clutches?
How were you driving when it let loose?

Several parts of your story are missing

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

Registered
if you are going to depend on your dealer to keep your machine operating correctly you might as well sell it now because the dealers are parts changers at best
and yes you can blow a belt in less than 300 miles if you try
also you can find aftermarket belts with warranty

Registered
lol C'mon newbie... most likely your fault.. Did you even break in the belt or just jump behind the wheel and smash the skinny pedal lol!!

Registered
Welcome to the forum!

Tires aren't covered either.

1600 Troublefree miles on OE belts.

Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
How's the limp mode going? What was the cause? Mine went into limp mode first ride out. Haven't had a chance to go out again

Registered
Belt is a wear item that will not be covered. Did you break the belt or glaze it?

Premium Member
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Broken or burned belts are 100% driver caused. Try breaking in the new belt, then go crazy on it.

Registered
OP (Hellcat) How fast for how long before your belt blew? Just asking for reference, to try and avoid doing the same.

Thank You.

Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
I should probably inspect my belt. I only have 50 miles on my new machine but I ran it pretty hard and fast. I read somewhere that you either break in the engine or you break in the belt (on it's first time out obviously). I chose to sacrifice the belt to break in the engine. I have an OEM spare but maybe I'll buy something like a Timken belt next time for that 3 year warranty. I just wonder if they will indeed honor the warranty.

Registered
I should probably inspect my belt.... I chose to sacrifice the belt to break in the engine.
I have not heard that.

Your belt needs heat cycling without overheating, just like brakes. Temp cycle it to condition and temper it.

Your engine is the most expensive part of your vehicle. Be nice to it.

Your belt is your transmission. Don't abuse it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Haha.

1st post and you're already Bit$+ing.

Have you taken it back to the dealership?
Have you checked the alignment of Clutches?
How were you driving when it let loose?

Several parts of your story are missing

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics
Your right. Didn鈥檛 break in belt right. See how next one works out. I have mad it street legal. I see mixed reviews on street use with belt. I have got all terrain tires. Radials. I read if you take down road don鈥檛 leave mph. At one speed or belt will get to hot. I see that the belt breaks after few miles on trails if running fullout. Is this true. I purchased the rr. Just read about machine on dealer web site. Now that I own it. Seems like it has issues at high speeds running hard. Hope it鈥檚 not the case. 30 k thought it would handle extreme riding

Registered
Your right. Didn鈥檛 break in belt right. See how next one works out. I have mad it street legal. I see mixed reviews on street use with belt. I have got all terrain tires. Radials. I read if you take down road don鈥檛 leave mph. At one speed or belt will get to hot. I see that the belt breaks after few miles on trails if running fullout. Is this true. I purchased the rr. Just read about machine on dealer web site. Now that I own it. Seems like it has issues at high speeds running hard. Hope it鈥檚 not the case. 30 k thought it would handle extreme riding
Over 2000 miles on our 2020xrc and no problems.
We do every type of terrain except sand.

We are also street legal, just very your speed and you won't have a problem.

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

Registered
Here is a belt with a 3 year warranty:

View attachment 253740
Since I break belts about every 200-300 miles due to stress, ie; steep soft and wet sand and heavy paddle. (Oregon dunes)
Clutches all aligned and working as good as can be in stock form, no tune.

Would they continue to replace them if these break as often?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts