Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed that my belt is getting wet while the unit sits and it rains, traveling on the trailer when raining or when I wash it after riding.

I am not spraying the air inlet directly when washing and after I rev the motor in Neutral or park for about 1 minute it grabs and goes and never gives me an issue again all weekend??

I recently installed a new belt and right after that is when I noticed the issue. I havent had the time to take it all back apart to inspect but just looking for any suggestions on what to look for.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
They all get wet, it's normal. You could pull the clutch cover, and wipe dry, or just let it dry itself.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They all get wet, it's normal. You could pull the clutch cover, and wipe dry, or just let it dry itself.
I would agree with you since I have owned it since it was new and it gas never done this before.

I loaded up last night and it rained. I drove 13 hours today and went to unload and it wouldnt move, just slipped the belt so I stopped and revved the engine for about 60 seconds and then it ran fine.. Got to load up tomorrow morning to continue our journey and it's not supposed to rain for the next few days. Will have to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

Its an OG......he would have to pull the seat, pull the panel under the seat, loosen the clutch cover bolts up top, get under it and loosen the lower bolts.....wipey wipey and put it back together !!

It should not be getting wet ....something is wrong......I assume its the rear intake ????? probably not the front drivers side and not the one behind the seat

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Its an OG......he would have to pull the seat, pull the panel under the seat, loosen the clutch cover bolts up top, get under it and loosen the lower bolts.....wipey wipey and put it back together !!

It should not be getting wet ....something is wrong......I assume its the rear intake ????? probably not the front drivers side and not the one behind the seat
Didn't notice, thanks for the clarification, you're right!

·
Premium Member
8,262 Posts
An 15 /16 will get wet during rain. Pull the drain plug and let the standing water out.

Idle the car and rev a little.

Double check your install of the belt, but those cars let water run off the roof into the intake from what I remember. I know they did get wet during rain from the intake.

Tim

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
An 15 /16 will get wet during rain. Pull the drain plug and let the standing water out.

Idle the car and rev a little.

Double check your install of the belt, but those cars let water run off the roof into the intake from what I remember. I know they did get wet during rain from the intake.

Tim
so it’s the rear intake near the rear rack ? Just curious ......mine is fully snorkeled so I don’t have that problem

·
Premium Member
8,262 Posts
so it’s the rear intake near the rear rack ? Just curious ......mine is fully snorkeled so I don’t have that problem
It's been a while since I had mine. I think the roof played into from what I remember and it went in an intake after rolling off the roof.

I just remember it happening.

I remember it sat all night in the rain and thats when it happened.

I could see while riding it may not build enough as it's being dried out as you go with heat and air.

Tim

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not have a hard roof, just the BRP soft canvas roof and I dont leave it on when washing or trailering. When I get home from Az and the UTV Races this week, I will make sure I didnt connect something wrong.

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do not have a hard roof, just the BRP soft canvas roof and I dont leave it on when washing or trailering. When I get home from Az and the UTV Races this week, I will make sure I didnt connect something wrong.

Thanks for the info!!
I have a 2017 X3 that does the same thing when it gets rained on. EVERY TIME!! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had to silicone the front part of the clutch cover seal. The seal looked fine but water was getting in and that fixed my problem. Do it every time I take the clutch cover off now.

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
I have a 2017 X3 that does the same thing when it gets rained on. EVERY TIME!! Any thoughts?
An X3 let's in water through the air intake. Whether it's rained on or washed. There's no getting around it. You can pull the cover and dry it, ot let it dry naturally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts