Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the wife and dog out for a sunset ride tonight on the dunes which ended with a two mile walk back to camp and a tow home by a XPee.

I noticed a tad more slippage from a stop once, but though it was just tire slip and went to shreddin'. We rode about 3-4 miles total sliding berms and jump the sea wall. Went to move the car a little to point the GoPro at the sunset and it would hardly move! When I revved it, it started to move, but then sounded like gears stripping. I then tried 4x4, but the result was the same.

I'm going to tear it apart in the morning since I have plenty of tools and belts, but what do you think I'm looking for? Maybe this trip is done?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, That would be an easy fix! I was super hard on it today and the last dune trip was it's break in....... Been chattering ever since.

This one has about 1100 miles/52 hours on it. Have a Gates C12 in the hauler garage waiting to be tried out.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya remove cvt cover and check the secondary bolt

u might even see a crack in the case in the right side in center

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Secondary bolt backed off. Chewed up the plastic covered ramp gizzy and the back half of the secondary a little. Trimmed the burrs and melted plastic with a razor knife and am going to re-assemble.

Thinking I'm going to use my used backup belt so I won't waste a good one if this don't work out.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
same thing happen to megadiesel - use sum loc tight only on the secondary bolt , let it sit for 6 hours,

if the helix is chewed up see if u can smooth it out to

if ur in glamis go see can am or airdam there all out there with parts !!! - all the way down south on vendor row

if ur dealer is close bring ur bike or parts in if u know a guy and can am will warranty it

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaned up all the burrs and went to get locktite. I'm in NorCal.....about 800 miles north of Glamis. May have to look into an STM now.

What is this I have read about a 1year warranty on the OEM clutch system?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cleaned up all the burrs and went to get locktite. I'm in NorCal.....about 800 miles north of Glamis. May have to look into an STM now.

What is this I have read about a 1year warranty on the OEM clutch system?
yup bring it in and let your dealer send the claim in to brp !

6 month extension to the cvt system on the maverick's

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it all back together and it ran fine for about 30 mins, then it sounded like either it wasn't upshifting or belt was slipping. At least it made it back to camp and into the trailer with getting towed by the Polaris again!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Got it all back together and it ran fine for about 30 mins, then it sounded like either it wasn't upshifting or belt was slipping. At least it made it back to camp and into the trailer with getting towed by the Polaris again!
ya same thing with mega was able to put back together but came apart again the helix is messed up , need new bolt and sum loc tite let sit over night for good loc tite lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that finished the trip.

I just loaded it up and was glad not to have to walk back again. I'm still sore two days later!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts