Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Attached is a before and after video of the Maverick Exhaust System. First video is a completely stock setup and the second video is with the Alba Racing Cat Delete System and the Two Brothers Mufflers. There is also a before and after picture as well.

Before
Auto part Suspension part Suspension Tire Vehicle

After
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Vehicle

Before

After

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks and sounds really nice...

Reactions: West Texas Raider

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I couldn't test them out with a drive since the paddles were on, but I'm guessing they will sound pretty good while driving.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nice job !

Reactions: West Texas Raider

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I really like the looks of the TBR cans. Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the videos and sound clips! Wasn't as loud as I thought....I am installing a Hardline cat delete, and considering replacing the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers, but don't want anything too overly loud. Sounds like the TBR silencers aren't too bad. Are you running them with any type of quiet cores, or are they just that relatively quiet?
Again, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like the TB exhaust set up.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the looks of the TBR cans. Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the videos and sound clips! Wasn't as loud as I thought....I am installing a Hardline cat delete, and considering replacing the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers, but don't want anything too overly loud. Sounds like the TBR silencers aren't too bad. Are you running them with any type of quiet cores, or are they just that relatively quiet?
Again, thanks for the input!
I too was afraid that it would be too loud, but honestly it's a nice deep rumble. I don't have any quiet cores on it. I believe those cut the noise down a couple decibels right? Also, since you're running a Max, you'll be farther away from the ass end than me.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Just curious, why did'nt you go with one of the full exhaust system from one of the many other manufactures and thanks for the video.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I decided to go this route because I wanted to do a little at a time. If I went with the full exhaust system, then I would have wanted to upgrade the air intake system, which then would have required me to get a controller. A little at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
I like your logic on that. It all adds up. So with the Alba and TB exhaust installed, you have a lot better out going flow of gases. Is there at this point no need for a controller, sure you could get one but do you have to??? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like your logic on that. It all adds up. So with the Alba and TB exhaust installed, you have a lot better out going flow of gases. Is there at this point no need for a controller, sure you could get one but do you have to??? Thanks again.
According to other forum members, with just the cat delete, no you don't. However, if you were to add an air intake then yes, you would need a controller. I believe heavysledz is running a Doebeck system because he has the intake and full muzzy system.

·
Registered
568 Posts
A combo of intake and exhaust requires a controller. But either without the other and your fine from what I've been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have the TBR slip ons and i think they sound really good,i was a little worried about them being to loud when i get the cat delete.does it make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
A combo of intake and exhaust requires a controller. But either without the other and your fine from what I've been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums
According to other forum members, with just the cat delete, no you don't. However, if you were to add an air intake then yes, you would need a controller. I believe heavysledz is running a Doebeck system because he has the intake and full muzzy system.
I can confirm tomorrow and let you know for sure.....the wife is having surgery so I will have limited time to go tinker but I will try to sneak away when she is home sleeping in a drug induced state :saint:

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
This has been a great thread, informative,educational and even a vid. This exhaust issue has been a big one for me and many but I now know the route to take. Thanks West Tex for starting it and the input from others...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts