Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out this AM, changed the correction factors to the same as the other two vendors on here ran it then did what everyone else does and strapped down the rear end to hold tight on the dyno.

The correction factor netted about 2hp and strapping it down another 2 so my baseline went to 55 and some change.

I am still going to get a set of wheels to put these dyno tires I have on but I sure hate having to do this to prove nothing.

When Dynojet is getting the same numbers or at least that is what the guy on the phone said without me looking at the charts as me then I have no reason to believe mine would be off and why a couple other people get around 70 for stock vehicles I do not know. Maybe I have a lemon.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well 70 rwhp sounds about right if canam rates it at 101 30 % drivetrain loss not 50% loss
Oh I agree and I stated at the very beginning that mine reads low. But when Dynojet told me they got 48 which is lower than me then it gets me to thinking. Wish I knew what or why there was such a big difference.

I wish someone who was getting 70 would tell us what exactly what tire size, tread pattern and any other set up information other than bone stock everything sure would help get to the bottom of this.

Tod

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Some people say potatoe and some say potahto. In end, lets hope its the same thing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
does it really matter That yours reads lower ? Or will the hp gains not be correct?
It depends on how they post the results. 10% of 50hp is 5hp, 10% of 101 is 10hp. So there is a big difference. If it starts off different than other's then it wont be comparable.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
does it really matter That yours reads lower ? Or will the hp gains not be correct?
Not to me it does not except when people say your doing something wrong.

The gains our shows will be correct and we may have to go off percentage. Meaning if we add a mod that makes 5hp when baseline is 50hp then that is a 10% gain so on vehicle that baseline is 70 then the same 10% gain would be 7hp and you could expect that 7hp gain on that dyno that showed 70 hp from the exact same mod. On that dyno it would not read a 5hp gain it would read a 7hp.

Makes sense?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree that it would be nice to see the 70 hp baseline that we hear about and would expect on your dyno, but in the end it doesn't really matter because you're just looking for gains. But after all this talk I am very curious to see how the Dyno tires do?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Not to me it does not except when people say your doing something wrong.

The gains our shows will be correct and we may have to go off percentage. Meaning if we add a mod that makes 5hp when baseline is 50hp then that is a 10% gain so on vehicle that baseline is 70 then the same 10% gain would be 7hp and you could expect that 7hp gain on that dyno that showed 70 hp from the exact same mod. On that dyno it would not read a 5hp gain it would read a 7hp.

Makes sense?
It does now lol Thanks

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beating a dead horse was a good title for this thread
Agreed but for some reason a couple people with a dyno want to tell me how I am doing it wrong, not strapping down, not using dyno tires etc. Bad part is some people will listen to that then discredit our findings when I have no control over what the dyno sees. So unfortunately I have to jump through hoops to get info out. Kinda like when I said Dynojet said they got only 48, now someone wants me to produce that chart instead of just believing me. Gets frustrating.

Everyone else keep in mind or take note I have not made one outlandish claim nor produced any information that claims huge gains so you have to go out and buy something.

It is just information that I gather and I can promise you the numbers no matter what are not skewed in anyway nor set up to show higher gains. No need in doing that, if I claim 20hp from something and a few forum members buy it and can't tell a difference then I will be found out soon enough. Right now Hunterworks reputation is pristine and I choose to keep it that way.

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts