Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the beadlock ring be taken off without effecting anything? Im sick of the yellow and want to powdercoat them black. I guess im saying the tire is on the bead on the rim so if i take them off the tire isnt going to pop off bead and go flat is it?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yes when u remove the bead lock the bead pops off ! - tire goes flat :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool glad to know. I will pull tires off first then air them down to 0psi then take the rings off. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
the paint does not come off easily. i had to use a wire wheel in my grinder. Even in my bead blasting cabinet with glass it took a long time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take them to where I get my stuff powder coated they can figure out how to get the yellow off. Lol

·
Banned
546 Posts
use the gel air craft stripper and a power washer.. take maybe three coats and it will all be gone =)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
cant u just paint over it ,

·
Banned
546 Posts
yah you could paint over it just make sure its clean and scuff it up some

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
red scotch brite sum wax n grease or thinner to clean it and 2-3 good coats , 1st coat tack coat then 2-3 good thick coats !

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks guys maybe ill go that route will def be cheaper

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Cool thanks guys maybe ill go that route will def be cheaper
Yep, let the air out first, then just remove the beadring bolts. The inside of the tire will not come off the bead. After coating reinstall. However, be careful when reinstalling to space them to get them started. Then add the the skipped ones. BUT you must tighten ALL of them only a little at a time or you risk cracking the ring because the tire puts alot of pressure on the ring as its being tightened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts