Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Beadlock Bolt Broke

12K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Micahmiles 
#1 ·
I was going over my machine today and decided to check my beadlocks since I had a tire leaking. Of course all were loose so I tightened them all up. I accidentally broke one of the bolts. Am I in big trouble? Any ideas on how to get it out?

Thanks in advance.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Few options:
Remove the bead lock ring:
1 - you may be able to grab the end of broken bolt and back it out.
2 - get a LH drill bit, when you start drilling often the bit will grab the bolt and it will spin out.
3 - drill it and use an EZ out.

Always suggest using a torque wrench on those bolts, you can get a 1/4 drive one from Harbor Freight for $20. Also always use antisieze on steel bolts in aluminum.
Good luck.

#5 ·
I went to lowes today to get one of those reverse bits. They didn't have any at all. I was shocked. Guy didn't really know much about them. He told me to try an automotive place. That's were I found it. Oreillys. Punched a pilot hole, drilled a regular hole then used that reverse drill bit. Came right out easily. Got some of the bolts ordered.
Thanks for the tips guys. Helped a lot

#6 ·
You should be fine. But those bolts are cheap and as you tighten them, they will stretch and eventually break.

Reactions: TBONE21
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.