Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the BD onX6 shockmount light and got the harness with the momentary dimmer, I don’t really care much for the on and off switch and dimmer button so I was wondering if they have any rocker switches that I would be able to use and still be able to use the dimming option on the rocker.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah a 3 way rocker should work. But I'm not sure if the 'dimmer' just cuts ground to the corners or actually limits power to the unit.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
As I recall the dimmer wire goes to ground when used however the main light needs to be on to make it work. Hense the need for relays.

·
294 Posts
The way the Onx6+ dims is through grounding out the mode (green) wire while the light bar is still getting power. You might have to use an external relay to achieve this. But you just need to ensure the white wire gets power when the rocker switch is in the low position while also grounding out the green wire.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'd use a second switch the the dim. It'll probably hardly ever get used so hide it. Otheriwse you're talking about 3 relays to build a latching system at near $5 a relay plug a bunch of wire.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'd use a second switch the the dim. It'll probably hardly ever get used so hide it. Otheriwse you're talking about 3 relays to build a latching system at near $5 a relay plug a bunch of wire.
I only used 2 relays to make it work. No need for a latching circuit. I could have done it with one D.P.D.T however I had the S.P.D.Ts In stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts