Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2020 XDS Max Turbo R. Love it. Except I already learned that the soundbar I installed isn't really "off" unless I unplug the damn thing. So now I'm scared that my battery will be dead every time I go to use it.

I store my UTV in a self storage unit, meaning no outlet to plug a battery tender into. I'm trying to think of options...is it possible to rig a deep cycle battery to my tender to my UTV?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, except no, I can't run an extension cord 5.6 miles to my house!

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Wouldn’t putting it on a switch save you from having to unplug the sound bar and also not have to have a battery tender? I’m confused. Are you just wanting to know what battery tender ? What are you asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn’t putting it on a switch save you from having to unplug the sound bar and also not have to have a battery tender? I’m confused. Are you just wanting to know what battery tender ? What are you asking?

I'm confused. Are you suggesting I put the sound bar on a switch? It takes 0.5 seconds to simply unplug it after use, the same amount of time to push the switch. Or are you talking about a master power switch?

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I’ve never seen a sound bar that power supply can be unplugged . What bar do you have? Yes a deep cycle battery would probably be your only option but you would have to charge it quite frequently. A full battery disconnect kit like comes on some boats would also work to kill any parasitic draws you may have. Sound bar your only add on that requires power?

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
I think he means a main disconnect. Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Obviously regardless of where you store or if you have turned off the soundbar you really need a battery tender.

I'm not sure if the answer to that in a storage unit.

A battery loses charge naturally a small amount each day.

Once these batteries get too low they never seem to be the same again.

Tim

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you want to make certain a ride day isn't ruined before it even starts, pull the battery when you park it in storage, take it home with you and keep it on a tender there.

Or, if you don't want to pull/install a battery every time you wanna go for a ride, buy a back up battery, keep it on a tender at home, take it with you when you go to pick it up for a ride in case it's dead when you show up.

Both of those ideas suck, as does having a ride day ruined due to a dead battery, but it's just part of the "Suck" that is storing your toys off site.:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve never seen a sound bar that power supply can be unplugged . What bar do you have? Yes a deep cycle battery would probably be your only option but you would have to charge it quite frequently. A full battery disconnect kit like comes on some boats would also work to kill any parasitic draws you may have. Sound bar your only add on that requires power?

A high current master switch made for boats is a perfect solution. It also has the added benefit of making it a little harder for a thief to hotwire if you mount the switch in an inconspicuous location. Get one with a removable key and it adds a little more security.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sound bar or not car will draw power and over a relatively short time, battery will be dead.
must start and run regularly or battery tender one way or another is the only solution. Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts