Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Maverick XDS has front and rear light bars, rock lights, 2 whips, 4500 lb winch, and stereo system with 2400 watt amp. I bought a roof mount fan (link below) and the dealership would not install. Said it would be too much for the battery and would not install second battery. Said second battery is just more drain on the stator charging system. I want this installed. Advice on how to get my electrical system increased to accommodate this fan?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Bottom line?

Add up the amp draw of all you components used at the same time.
Your stator only puts out 42-44 amps max and you only want to safely draw not much more than 80%-85% on a continuous basis.

A second isolated battery for storage would help. But remember it's like adding water to a tank.
If your demand exceeds the capacity of the tank, the tank will eventually go dry.
Some store enough to get by before the tank is fully drained.
A lot of discussions if you use the search.

Or?

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
He has a 2016 XDS that will not fit.

You do have lots of accessories. Add a second battery. I think 2016 xds was a turbo. if so there is a 2nd battery tray mount available for under the hood. Put in a larger car type battery and eliminate the stock under the dash battery.

Make sure to keep the battery charged when not in use. A battery tender will work.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts