Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I have a shorai lithium battery for my main battery(engine only) and have a odyssey pc925 that I want to run my accessories off of(winch, p/s, light bar, etc). Is it ok to run both with a isolator? The lithium likes to maintain a 13.2v charge, deep cycle batteries are typically in the mid 12v range in storage - I don't want the one affecting or damaging the other.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think anyone would advise you to use different types of batteries.

Lithium is great. So is the pc925 (agm.) But everything I read, and everyone I talked to said go one way or the other, but not both.

i just installed a beautiful 2 battery system. 2 pc925s....tru isolator....plus I put a marine battery switch between the batteries so I can parallel the batteries if I need to due a depleted starting battery or a need for lotsa amps, like winching.....

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Although you probably wouldn't notice any problems and the odds may be low on something happening - I wouldn't take the chance of running mixed batteries ever when using an isolator. I definately recommend an isolator though...do your research on them. True seems to be a great choice for ATVs. I've had one for a few years with no problems from it. I've ran my auxilary battery dead with the radio, and still fired the ol Maverick right up. UTV / ATV Application | TrueAm Dual Battery Isolator System

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, Ive been running the stock battery & pc925 w/a True isolator since 2013 with zero issues. Now my original battery & PC925 are struggling. I have a buddy that picked me up a shorai battery for a killer deal so I was thinking about running it if it was compatible.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - Called Shorai today & they said it would be ok to run the different batteries as long as the isolator is functioning properly. If they were parallel then there would be issue. With a isolator & when the vehicle is running and charging 14-14.4v then it's ok as its above the 13.2v min of the lithium. But both batteries need to be in good condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts