Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering if there are better batteries that fit in the stock location? mine is a 16 XMR under the dash on drivers side. its the original battery starts the machine fine but i noticed when i needed my winch last time , when the line tightened and the load went on, the winch stalled out and my battery light started flashing, i'm assuming the battery is done?

·
Premium Member
10,108 Posts
Can't go wrong with an Odyssey, 925 or 1200.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The odyssey 625 fits , the 925 and 1200 must go somewhere else like the front or under the seat.
the odyssey 625 is wasaaay better than factory and you’re getting close to needing replace yours anyway ....yours is 4 yrs old

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oops ! I meant Odyssey pc680 not 625 !!

fyi .....autozone has the pc680 for $129 with a july20 20% off deal right now !!! Delivered in 2 days to your house for right at $100.......awesome deal on an awesome battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops ! I meant Odyssey pc680 not 625 !!

fyi .....autozone has the pc680 for $129 with a july20 20% off deal right now !!! Delivered in 2 days to your house for right at $100.......awesome deal on an awesome battery
LOLI literally just finished putting in a 625 a hour ago, they arent exactly an exact fit, its slightly larger than the OEM battery, it doesn't go all the way into the box and the battery bracket doesn't come close to going back on. the cables "BARELY" fit. Is the 680 somewhat smaller than the 625? I'm hoping so cause i paid 230$ for it at magnacharge, hopefully i didnt get completely ripped off.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like you got ripped off :(. That battery is $140 everywhere including amazon

they 625 and 680 are close in size , and inch or half an inch different here or there .......they are taller and I had to bend the battery box slightly and rubber mallet it in , the bracket will it go back on , I used big zip ties to hold it

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
The 625 is technically a stronger starting battery ......you definitely have to stuff it in the box with force .....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you got ripped off :(. That battery is $140 everywhere including amazon

they 625 and 680 are close in size , and inch or half an inch different here or there .......they are taller and I had to bend the battery box slightly and rubber mallet it in , the bracket will it go back on , I used big zip ties to hold it
your quoting U.S. funds i'm guessing? our canadian trash dollar is worthless as toilet paper. even 140 is about 190 here, plus the duty etc so i probably did ok

·
Registered
425 Posts
You didn’t write it’s as $240 ca and this site is based in the US .....or I would have converted the amount :)

glad you didn’t pay $240 usd !!!

have you cranked it yet ? Does it feel like it turns over faster ? Mine sure did

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You didn’t write it’s as $240 ca and this site is based in the US .....or I would have converted the amount :)

glad you didn’t pay $240 usd !!!

have you cranked it yet ? Does it feel like it turns over faster ? Mine sure did
ya it sounds better and my stereo also seems to have more punch, using the winch will be the real tell tale though

·
Registered
425 Posts
Awesome ! I’ve winched with mine 50 -70 times .....it works !
I have also used it to run both back and front winches at the same time to roll it back over in the woods .....I’ve done this three times , obviously the engine is off since it’s laid over on the side ......zero problems .......I added another pc680 under the seat recently

1 - 13 of 13 Posts