Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding a second battery and isolator due to the addition of my Rugged Radio (car to car-driver to passenger) setup, two light bars plus two 4 inch HIDs and 2 55Watt HIDs and 2 35Watt HIDs. I designed it so it's completely removable however solid as a rock. The pic didn't come out that great but you can get the general idea. I will take some more pics this week.

WP_20130202_010.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice. Im thinking of adding one in the cubby under the seat.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about putting it under the seat but I decided to add a compressor in that spot instead. This mod was actually very easy. One of the aftermarket places about make something like this. If UTV Inc or Turnkey interested I will take some better pics and send them out.

I wanted this completely removable because when I had my commander I had to get my stator replaced and they told me it wouldn't be covered under warranty because of the second battery. This way if I have any issues it takes about 5 minutes to pull this out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm interested in doing the same, Any more pics of this setup?

Take it you had to make a custom plate for the battery to sit on?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just a thought but you will need to make it easy to remove so you can get to your belt if you need to.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm adding a second battery and isolator due to the addition of my Rugged Radio (car to car-driver to passenger) setup, two light bars plus two 4 inch HIDs and 2 55Watt HIDs and 2 35Watt HIDs. I designed it so it's completely removable however solid as a rock. The pic didn't come out that great but you can get the general idea. I will take some more pics this week.

So you dont think the 635ish watt output is enough to handle your accessories?

·
Registered
713 Posts

So you dont think the 635ish watt output is enough to handle your accessories?
It might be. If I add everything up its at or around 600 Watts. With the second battery running all the accessories and never using any power from the primary battery I never have to worry about having a dead primary battery. The Isolator starts charging the second battery when the primary battery is at 13.2 volts. The secondary system is 100% Isolated, I even added a painless fuse box for the secondary system. The only thing on the primary battery is the headlights. I could completely lose secondary and still get home at night with the HIDs.

This same setup came in handy on my Rhino several times. It's not the expensive to do.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used to work in Beaverton. Miss the Northwest.
Yeah it is definitely nice living out here,

It looks like a flat piece of metal with the 2nd battery box riveted to it. Just looking to see how you attached it to the Maverick as I'm sure the 2nd battery has got to have some weight to it and would need to be well support'ed

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah it is definitely nice living out here,

It looks like a flat piece of metal with the 2nd battery box riveted to it. Just looking to see how you attached it to the Maverick as I'm sure the 2nd battery has got to have some weight to it and would need to be well support'ed
The pics I snap this afternoon will show how I attached it. I made it all removable in case I need to take my mav in for warranty work.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've got a quick question, I want to hook up a isolator but not sure where to pull power from to connect to the power input post of the isolator?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts