Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the Battery Backup kit installed with the idea that it will prevent my battery from dying if I choose to leave my radio on when the machine is off.

Come to find out, I dont think there is a way to keep the radio on without the machine on period on this machine? I have the Rockford Fosgate Stage 5 installed, it does stay on with the engine off, but only for maybe 1 minute. I cant be the only one that wants to listen to the radio while I let my machine cool down!

Is there a way that people keep their radios on with the engine off? Or is this a situation where I need to hook it to a toggle switch???

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
640 Posts
Currently your radio remote wire is connected to the accessories power. OR the power is connected to the accessories power.

Accessories power turns on and off with the car.

To do what you want, you need to connect radios power to constant power. Directly to the battery and the remote wire to a toggle switch that you can turn your radio on/off with.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
334 Posts
Yep. Gonna have to unhook the accessory plug on it then run it to the hot post. Radio does not draw anything while off. Just have to remember to shut it off. I have mine hooked up like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts