Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my rzr 4. Looking to pickup a two seat maverick this week. I can't decide on the base model (white) or the white/red xxc. I live in PA so it's all woods riding, most trails are good for the 64" width. However I like to ride fast and will be doing some Aworcs races and maybe a few GNCC races. But primary use will be fast trail riding. I know I can go faster on the xxc. I'm just trying to justify the $2k increase. If I bought the base I'd buy some zero offset wheels ($1k) and most likely power steering ($600). Then I'd be at 62" and have 2" more travel and ground clearance vs the xxc. But 2" wider of course. I could care less about the instrument cluster of the xxc over the base, in fact I sort of like the base model's better. The front diff. Is of course better on the xxc but for my riding I don't know if its that big of a factor. I like the looks of the base white better, simple and clean. I'm just wondering how much of a handling difference there is between a narrowed (62") base model and the xxc there is for fast trail riding?? I like the fact that mud protection should be much better on the xxc. So there is my dilemma, should I build a base model with more travel and ground clearance or buy the xxc??

·
Registered
401 Posts
Does the XXC have power steering? If so, I may lean that way because now you say you are only at a $400 difference. Does the XXC have 12" wheels? If 12" - your tire selection is slightly limited - especially if you want to go bigger someday. Something to think about.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If running in some gncc races the xxc is what I'd do. Everything is ready. Power steering is a huge difference along with the qe. Tough decision.. I'd go with the base only for the white plastics.I know I get something and weeks later I'm changing things, fun to build what you want exactly. Long run xxc for the extra's. That would justify the difference for me. Good luck on your choice. Oh yea, you ever run any aworcs races?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went thru same dilemma, qe pretty much made my mind up. And 2" don't sound like much but it really is in pa.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Plus I wanted the bead locks, was always blowing tires off bead on rex

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think either decision is a win win. You'll be happy with either one

·
Registered
640 Posts
I got the xxc last week. Tight trails around here...and not too many places to ride but I will find more!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of left over base models going for cheap. I bought one for $13,125 and it included a 3yr warranty. Lots of savings for mods...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the XRS and live in SW PA. If I were to purchase a new one, I would get the XRS again. This is my first SxS and I was very concerned about the width here in PA. My worries were gone on my first trip out. I rode with buddies on quads who couldn't keep up in the tight stuff. I don't need power steering and actually prefer it without. The width difference is only 4", that's 2" on each side. It's hard to imagine where that 4" would make a difference in the trees. Where it does make a difference is in high speed cornering. Good luck spinning donuts in a XXC ! The only place I have trouble in the trees is if it is very tight, even for a quad. Those types of trails aren't fun anyways.
Now, if I were racing, then I would go with the XXC, because... well it's ready to go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the XRS and live in SW PA. If I were to purchase a new one, I would get the XRS again. This is my first SxS and I was very concerned about the width here in PA. My worries were gone on my first trip out. I rode with buddies on quads who couldn't keep up in the tight stuff. I don't need power steering and actually prefer it without. The width difference is only 4", that's 2" on each side. It's hard to imagine where that 4" would make a difference in the trees. Where it does make a difference is in high speed cornering. Good luck spinning donuts in a XXC ! The only place I have trouble in the trees is if it is very tight, even for a quad. Those types of trails aren't fun anyways.
Now, if I were racing, then I would go with the XXC, because... well it's ready to go.
Where you at in Pa.?? Im in mercer county, about an hr north of Pittsburgh. We should get together and do some riding. Also if your on facebook check out DTR group, (it stands for down to ride) its a group I started to let meet new riders and find new ride areas and share info or even sell a parts. We got everything from motorcycles to mega trucks. Anyone welcome to join especially if your nearby.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where you at in Pa.?? Im in mercer county, about an hr north of Pittsburgh. We should get together and do some riding. Also if your on facebook check out DTR group, (it stands for down to ride) its a group I started to let meet new riders and find new ride areas and share info or even sell a parts. We got everything from motorcycles to mega trucks. Anyone welcome to join especially if your nearby.
PM Sent

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input! I'm still no closer to deciding. My dealer has a white/red xxc in stock, only 14' he has, so ill probably end up with. If he had a base white in stock I'd probably buy that!! And no I haven't done any Aworcs yet but I have done some gncc's on a highly modded Teryx. Ill keep u guys posted with what I purchase then I be contacting Alex for tie rods and braces.

Richard prince, I would never buy a quad over a side by side. I've owned and raced them for twenty years, done with them!! The most fun I've ever had racing was at a GNCC on my Teryx with a buddy to share the experience! No comparison to quad racing!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts