Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! I'm new to the forum and new to a Maverick. Just upgraded from my old reliable 05 King Quad to a 13 Maverick XRS and so far I LOVE it! The previous owner was a forum member and took wonderful care of this machine and now I'm really excited to start adding more accessories. He already had a Baja Spare Tire carrier on the back when I bought the bike and he used a Pelican 20qt cooler for a dry box along with a Yeti for his cooler. I'm not sure if this is the setup I want to go with or not. I had a Tamarack hard case on the King and loved it. My question is what are you guys out there using when you have the Baja Tire carrier? I've been all over this forum and looked at several different options but was wondering if anyone out there is using a box that maybe isn't made for the Maverick like this one: https://www.denniskirk.com/kolpin/black-crossover-tool-box-1479.p518668.prd/518668.sku or maybe something completely different. I need visuals, I gotta see what other people are using to figure out if it'll work for me, so please post pictures. I don't want to use soft bags and plan on buying the TurnKey Harness mount so that'll have to fit in there also. I want a waterproof hard case to stay mounted that I can open easily and room someplace either inside or beside the case for a cooler. Any help with my rambling questions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Schock

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
seriously! not one reply? come on folks, someone out there has to have a setup they are proud of. post some pictures!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The space to mount the tire is where you wan to mount the cooler. So either you mount one or the other there, not both. If it were me, I'd devise a cooler under the front hood and then put the spare tire out back

·
Premium Member
7,289 Posts
I'm going through this right now. I have my fabricator making a swing away tire carrier. I used the linq 32 storage case and my over head spare tire carrier is in the way. Tim 2015040295162209.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's room for both, you just have to get creative. The spare tire on mine was already there and the guy who had it before me managed somehow with everything in the bed. Just thought I'd see what everyone else in my situation had done or was doing. Tmesic you've got a good idea there! You'll have to post some pics when you get it all done

·
Registered
139 Posts
My tire is going on the roof. I've got the linq 32 in the back so I'm going to try fitting the Rola cargo carrier up on top. We will see how it goes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm debating on just strapping mine directly to the roof of my Max. I thought about the overhead for the back, I'm just afraid I already have too much on the back.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This was my setup. All BRP bumper and jack with just a regular Igloo cooler with a strap.
IMG_0532.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts