Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Just purchased a set...thanks Craig!

Excited to put those bad boys on my car......

When I built my new cage I purposely left the light bar off. I've found roof mounted light bars just light up the dust in your viewing area and you can't see dogsh8t. I did mount a 10" bar on my front shock tower already along with some cubes with Mega's mount in the fenderwells. Should be enough with these BD's.

And I like Mike's idea of painting the stainless bracket black.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just purchased a set...thanks Craig!

Excited to put those bad boys on my car......

When I built my new cage I purposely left the light bar off. I've found roof mounted light bars just light up the dust in your viewing area and you can't see dogsh8t. I did mount a 10" bar on my front shock tower already along with some cubes with Mega's mount in the fenderwells. Should be enough with these BD's.

And I like Mike's idea of painting the stainless bracket black.
Sounds like we'll have the same setup. And yeah, I think I'll paint mine next time I disassemble it for maintenance/parts install. The black on Mike's looks much better.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Yeah except I don't have BD lightbar or cubes. Bought Black Oak LEDs for those. A little cheaper compared to BD's and they seem close in illumination. Either way it looks to be plenty of light.

I might use carbon fiber vinyl and wrap my brackets....love that 3M stuff!

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Anyone know if Baja Designs is planning on make some amber rock guards for these lights?

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Anyone know if Baja Designs is planning on make some amber rock guards for these lights?
It's on the agenda for our second quarter. ;) As soon as it's released, it'll be published to social media. (y)

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
It's on the agenda for our second quarter. ;) As soon as it's released, it'll be published to social media. (y)
Awesome. Going to install my headlight kit this weekend.

thank you for responding.

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
Registered
2019 XRS
8 Posts
Sounds like we'll have the same setup. And yeah, I think I'll paint mine next time I disassemble it for maintenance/parts install. The black on Mike's looks much better.

Hi nogd. How did you mount the light pod underneath the wheel area. That looks perfect for side lighting and not impede driving vision. Is there a specific bracket from Baja Designs that takes care of this?

I currently have 2 XL80s on my pre-runner bumper.

·
Premium Member
8,528 Posts
Hi nogd. How did you mount the light pod underneath the wheel area. That looks perfect for side lighting and not impede driving vision. Is there a specific bracket from Baja Designs that takes care of this?

I currently have 2 XL80s on my pre-runner bumper.

·
Registered
667 Posts
It is perfect Rudy, this link will get you what you need

·
Registered
2019 XRS
8 Posts
It is perfect Rudy, this link will get you what you need

Thank you for everyones input. Im definitely sold on this kit! Can there be an option on this headlight kit to replace a spot pair for a wide corner pair instead? Im thinking with XL80 Pros I have, I won't need too much spot beam pattern. I just love that wide angle picture posted earlier in the snow.

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thank you for everyones input. Im definitely sold on this kit! Can there be an option on this headlight kit to replace a spot pair for a wide corner pair instead? Im thinking with XL80 Pros I have, I won't need too much spot beam pattern. I just love that wide angle picture posted earlier in the snow.
When we design the kit, we put what's best recommended in regards to the lens for that location. I would suggest using the lighting pattern with the four spot lenses and two wide cornering lenses first. If you find you would like to experiment with the lighting pattern, we sell the lenses for $11.95 a piece. Baja Designs :)

·
Registered
2019 XRS
8 Posts
When we design the kit, we put what's best recommended in regards to the lens for that location. I would suggest using the lighting pattern with the four spot lenses and two wide cornering lenses first. If you find you would like to experiment with the lighting pattern, we sell the lenses for $11.95 a piece. Baja Designs :)
Excellent! I'll experiment if needed. Thank you for your recommendation.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts