Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding these to the front bumper. I see many of you have the pros but seems you're using them for the dunes and high speed. How well do the sports work for regular trail riding?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I have pros on the pillars and they are great. The bumper out front is even better I think as you get no shadows, not sure the difference of the sport light version though.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
The sport version does not throw out as much light as the Pro. If you are doing slow speed night riding on the trails or woods they will work. If you plan on going fast I would get the Pros.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sport version does not throw out as much light as the Pro. If you are doing slow speed night riding on the trails or woods they will work. If you plan on going fast I would get the Pros.

Define fast...usually 40mph or less at night on trails in MN. The cost difference is $200. I don't mind paying the extra but I have other things to buy. The few videos I've been able to find the sport seems to be enough. Seeing as I have to travel over a 1000 miles to find sand I won't be doing that very often.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Define fast...usually 40mph or less at night on trails in MN. The cost difference is $200. I don't mind paying the extra but I have other things to buy. The few videos I've been able to find the sport seems to be enough. Seeing as I have to travel over a 1000 miles to find sand I won't be doing that very often.
You could get probably get away with them as your trails are probably lined with trees and vegetation so you it will light all that up. Make sure you get the driving combo lens on them as it gives your a mix of spot and wide pattern.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could get probably get away with them as your trails are probably lined with trees and vegetation so you it will light all that up. Make sure you get the driving combo lens on them as it gives your a mix of spot and wide pattern.
Thanks for the input. Think I'm going with the sports with the amber driving combo lens. I can always add more lights later lol.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have sports on the bumper and ride east coast trails. They work fine, but if you are able to get up to higher speeds, go with the pros. I also added a s8 to my shock tower, now it’s much better with the both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
776 Posts
Whats the cost difference? If only a few bucks just get the good ones then
Double. For double the lumens. I have the sports on the A pillar and they’re fine for 40mph. Need another pair or pro’s for higher speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
I’m going to get a set of pro’s and replace my sports with them on the pillar then move the sports down to the winch area instead of a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Look what came in the mail today! Decided to go with the pros instead thanks to all of the input above.
You will be glad you spend the extra money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts