Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share this install if your in the market for a light. The install required no cutting on plastics only thing I did due to preference was extend the power leads on can am harness so I could install my switch on upper center console.
Parts used:
Baja Designs 451013-(make sure you order bracket with light)$343.00
Can-Am: 715002885 $85.00 4657B56C-323F-4FAE-A681-5FEA1F6728F7_1539442325361.jpeg 4657B56C-323F-4FAE-A681-5FEA1F6728F7_1539442325361.jpeg 4657B56C-323F-4FAE-A681-5FEA1F6728F7_1539442325361.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Where does the bracket mount to? I have an s3 shock tower and can’t tell if the light bar brackets mount to the stock place the fan guard mounts to or somewhere else?

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Don't forget to get one of their light covers, so the light doesn't get sand or dirt blasted.

Reactions: thepcsurgeon

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Gtsum2- the bracket mounts between the shock tower and the fan shroud cover. I used the factory bolts which are still long enough.
Hollywood thanks for the advice
Yep, and you get 5% off. Every little bit helps, and it will save your light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you like the light? I'm considering the improved S8 10". I have a 2018 XRC. Most of our riding is in the desert ( Ocotillo Wells ) It would be fun to do some night rides.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
How do you like the light? I'm considering the improved S8 10". I have a 2018 XRC. Most of our riding is in the desert ( Ocotillo Wells ) It would be fun to do some night rides.
I can't speak for the OnX6 10" but I have the "older" S8 10" with the Baja Designs shock tower mount. I love the light. It's great as is and can only imagine how much better it is now. I would do it again if need be. I do run a couple Squadron Pro cubes in the upper A pillars sometimes with it but not needed all the time. The 10" is good for me with what I do. Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am rethinking the light bar choice. Instead of the S8 10", I am now thinking about the ONX6+ 10". And mounting it on the aluminum roof. The roof has a 7" recess with 5" drop in the front. I made a mock-up and with the contours of the roof it looks good. Small and powerful. Are there pro's and con's to roof mt. vs. shock mt. ( In tech places the front is difficult enough to see over. I don't want to add too it. ) I'm looking for the best bang for the buck and what the stock system can support. ( trying to get it right the first time this time. )

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I set up my RC for the Oregon woods, trails are often overgrown and you have to push through; so anything that sticks out and can catch on branches has to be kept to a minimum.
But if you are in the open, lights on top are great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ONX6 puts out more light for sure. I really like it can’t complain you won’t be disappointed I have the combo on lens configuration.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wanted to share this install if your in the market for a light. The install required no cutting on plastics only thing I did due to preference was extend the power leads on can am harness so I could install my switch on upper center console.
Parts used:
Baja Designs 451013-(make sure you order bracket with light)$343.00
Can-Am: 715002885 $85.00 View attachment 223070 View attachment 223070 View attachment 223070
Hello, I am trying to find some information on the harness and light you used. Is the light the Onx6+ or the old Onx6. Also did the harness plug right into the light or did you have to modify it. I just got a Onx6+ shock tower kit and would like to use this harness if it plugs into the light. I am asking because Baja designs doesn't know if it will plug right in or not. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I went with the ONX6+ on the shock tower and could not be happier. It is very bright and the light beam is super clean. The harness comes with two plug ins on the light end so it could be used with two lights if you wanted to. The switch end has a relay and a small rocker switch. I cut the switch off and wired it to a stock Can Am matching rocker switch in the left side dash next to the headlight switch. I also put a fuse block on the left lower kick panel as a power source for all of my accessories.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a question maybe someone can answer. I want to replace my 10” white shock tower light with an Amber one. I already have 2 amber squadron pros driving/combo lights, and wanted to switch the shock tower light to add additional amber light. I have a KC light up top, so that’s enough white light.
my question is should I get the 10” in the “wide driving” because the Squadrons are already the combo lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello, I am trying to find some information on the harness and light you used. Is the light the Onx6+ or the old Onx6. Also did the harness plug right into the light or did you have to modify it. I just got a Onx6+ shock tower kit and would like to use this harness if it plugs into the light. I am asking because Baja designs doesn't know if it will plug right in or not. Thanks for your time.
Will check in morning and send you pic of light setup

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a question maybe someone can answer. I want to replace my 10” white shock tower light with an Amber one. I already have 2 amber squadron pros driving/combo lights, and wanted to switch the shock tower light to add additional amber light. I have a KC light up top, so that’s enough white light.
my question is should I get the 10” in the “wide driving” because the Squadrons are already the combo lights.
You can save some dough and either get an Amber cover from BD for least cost and max flexibility or just get an Amber lens. I have that light in the combo and think it's a great spread for X3 speeds, but can't comment on a complete Amber replacement sorry. HTH!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went with the ONX6+ on the shock tower and could not be happier. It is very bright and the light beam is super clean. The harness comes with two plug ins on the light end so it could be used with two lights if you wanted to. The switch end has a relay and a small rocker switch. I cut the switch off and wired it to a stock Can Am matching rocker switch in the left side dash next to the headlight switch. I also put a fuse block on the left lower kick panel as a power source for all of my accessories.
Very nice. I am trying to save myself the hassle of redoing there harness when it should have come with better components. The Can Am harness has a switch just like factory with Off and Mode positions. I am just trying to find out if the plug on the light is different between Baja designs part number 451003 and The Can Am OEM harness part number 710004881. That way it is plug and play and I get a better switch that matches the machine and all the lengths are set up for the X3.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
You can buy an amber lens and replace your clear lens they are about 20.00;from bd

1 - 20 of 35 Posts