Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT

XL80, Work/Scene

The XL80 Work/Scene light puts out a show stopping 9,500 lumens. Ideal for illuminating work spaces, camp sites, and anything in between. The XL80 Work/Scene outputs an extremely smooth 120° pattern that projects well past the 400ft mark, while providing usable light to a minimum of 250ft. As this is not a distance oriented pattern and we do not consider suitable for driving.

The XL80 Work/Scene is offered with its own specific bracket that is designed to provide maximum adjustability. Similar to the rest of the premium members of the XL series, the XL80 offers an optional 20% dimming feature. As always, Baja Designs offers a 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee, and Limited Lifetime Warranty.

AVAILABLE HERE

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
XL Wiring Harness (2 lights) #640119
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/xl-pro-sport-wire-harness-w-mode-2-lights-max-325-watts.asp

3-Pin Splitter (add 1 more light) #613608
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx-s8-xl-pro-sport-wire-harness-splitter.asp

Those two items are everything you need to wire 3 XL80s together! Let me know if you have any other questions
Please oh please tell me how this is supposed to hook to three lights? The 640119 only has one female plug that plugs into the 613608 Y splitter which has two plugs for a TOTAL of two lights. Hence the term Y adapter. Not happy I wasted $80+ :mad::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
do you basically need to run (2) y -splits to get you three light tails?
The issue with that is the main harness that Baja Designs had me buy says two lights max on it. Worried I might have a harness meltdown by running two Y splitters not to mention it looking unprofessional. I'm a little anal about my wiring LOL..

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Please oh please tell me how this is supposed to hook to three lights? The 640119 only has one female plug that plugs into the 613608 Y splitter which has two plugs for a TOTAL of two lights. Hence the term Y adapter. Not happy I wasted $80+ :mad::mad:
Sorry about the confusion on the harness. Everything you need should be included

Please give us a ring at 800-422-5292 when we open tomorrow. We're happy to look at the order and see if you're missing anything. Our tech and customer service department will take care of this

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Why Baja Designs? Well for starters, Baja Designs unique use of O-ring seals instead of silicone allows users to change their beam pattern and lenses with ease. Other LED lights on the market are silicone sealed so their patterns are not customizable and a rock chip requires you to return the light to the manufacturer for service or purchase a completely new light. On the other hand, if a BD lens happens to get scratched or you need a different light pattern, simply unscrew BD’s water and dust proof lens and custom O-ring seal and install the replacements. Not to mention, users are still fully covered by a Lifetime Warranty. For more information on our uService Technology:

Baja Designs | uService Technology

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I have your lights on my X3. Onyx 6 plus high power 10" and 50", RTL, ROCK LIGHT, DOME light etc...

Any time I turn on a light bar my dome light turns on. Why??
Could you hook up a voltmeter and check the battery voltage before and during activation of the lightbar?

It's possible the battery voltage is temporarily dropping too low and the sudden surge of power is activating the dome lights.

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #190

Here at Baja Designs we know that you’re interested in a quality product that you can rely on for work, weekend adventures, and for the ultimate driving experience. Our products face rigorous testing before they are made available to the public and we ensure that they have the proper technology accompanying the performance to make the product last a lifetime. One of the requirements we put on all our LED lights is the IP69K standard.

Many of our competitors have an IP67K rating instead of IP69K. Find out why the IP69K rating is far more superior and how Baja Designs exceeds these standards:
Baja Designs - Moistureblock Blog

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Interested in checking out Baja Designs Laser Lighting? Want to know how they compare to our LED offerings?

We are doing at night demonstration at Overland Expo West. Our booth will be set up during the day with our product line. Stop on by and check out the latest and greatest from BD!

Booth P10

Overland Expo West | 5/17-5/19
https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

(XL Laser)

(Hybrid LED/Laser OnX6)

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Squadron SAE | UPDATE

I wanted to post an update on the Squadron SAE. There was a delay in receiving LEDs for these units and we aren't able to receive production quantities until late July. The good news is Amber was approved and we will be offering White and Amber lighting upon release.

ETA has been moved to Late July / Early August. I'll post more updates as we have them

PRE-ORDER COMING SOON

Baja Designs
[url]www.bajadesigns.com
[/URL]

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Brand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:
- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:
- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:
- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"
- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:
- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:
- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)
Stay tuned...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.comBrand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:
- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:
- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:
- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"
- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:
- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:
- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)
Stay tuned...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Riding around with the skinny pedal planted?

OR

Camping by the lake?

What is your preference?
Hope everyone has a blast and stays safe this 4th of July

Two Tundras, we know....
If you want us to feature your ride, comment below with some pics!

We always love to see rides rocking BD lights. We don't care if it's two-wheels or four-wheels...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
A bit dated and not the clearest, but here's my 2005 KTM prepped for the Baja 1000 rocking two of your 8" HIDs. Lights performed flawlessly for plenty of a painful 42 hour race and continue to work today even in "retirement" as a trail bike. Just need to get some BD lights for my new X3 and maybe see about mounting the HIDs on it as well. Nothing I've ever run cuts the night and dust like your HIDs!! IMG_20101111_162328.jpg

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
A bit dated and not the clearest, but here's my 2005 KTM prepped for the Baja 1000 rocking two of your 8" HIDs. Lights performed flawlessly for plenty of a painful 42 hour race and continue to work today even in "retirement" as a trail bike. Just need to get some BD lights for my new X3 and maybe see about mounting the HIDs on it as well. Nothing I've ever run cuts the night and dust like your HIDs!! View attachment 239177
Nice setup!!! Thanks for sharing

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Here’s an update from trail of missions!
They keep trekking down the Baja Peninsula ripping the best trails, and seeing the best sights Baja has to offer.

P/C: BinkDesigns

www.bajadesigns.com

181 - 200 of 227 Posts