Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
its like a 3 day trip 4 if you count the trip into mexico they do a good ride and pretty reasonable last time I looked I think under 700 for 2 If I remember right or prices havent gone up
Prices went up a little. It was $425 a person this year, which covered hotels, lunch on the trail two of the days, and one dinner. They do not do it to make money.

Most of the other companies that do the trips the cost is double or more.

I don't think I could do the trip with a group of friends for less than what Black Rhino Performance charges.

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
They do a good job for a pretty cheap price compared to the others , as you say its more of a cover the cost and also say thanks to their customers and to introduce you to Baja , everytime I go I wish I could just stay , I keep thinking ,sell everthing and go stay in Baja and enjoy a simple life And get to ride when ever I want (I know Im dreaming again)

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They do a good job for a pretty cheap price compared to the others , as you say its more of a cover the cost and also say thanks to their customers and to introduce you to Baja , everytime I go I wish I could just stay , I keep thinking ,sell everthing and go stay in Baja and enjoy a simple life And get to ride when ever I want (I know Im dreaming again)
I could of stayed a few more days. It is very relaxing down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Desertdog01

·
Premium Member
10,436 Posts
Great pics! Great story, thanks for sharing Shark!

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I could of stayed a few more days. It is very relaxing down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you want to talk about relaxing ,try Gonzaga Bay at Alfonsina’s sitting on the back patio drinking a beer you can almost feel every stress and ? Just lifting off your shoulders and just plain peacful place to hang out+ pretty damm good fish and shrimp tacos

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Guaranteed! Looks like July seems to be the best month? You didn't catch any rain, correct?
If you stay on the pacific coast ,oct nov. if your going to do any cross peninsula riding we did the pacific ride the end of September not to hot but it did get cold when the sun went down Weve never had rain or mud going from sept thru the end of nov. ,only mud is at river crossings etc.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
My dream trip would be from tecate down to loreto and then back you would have about 3/4 peninsula crossings first night hit the hp ranch in Ensenada then bounce over to san felipe, Bahia la ,Gonzaga bay,san juanico(scorpian bay) and end up for a couple days in loreto and do some riding with loreteno and his crew then head back on a different track then hit mikes sky ranch before heading back to the border about a 10/12 day run depending on hanging out at a couple places probably 1700/1800 miles total that would take care of my Baja itch for a couple months all my buddies always say hell ya but after a week its I gotta get home

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My dream trip would be from tecate down to loreto and then back you would have about 3/4 peninsula crossings hit san felipe, bahia la gonzaga bay san juanico(scorpian bay) and end up for a couple days in loreto and do some riding with loreteno and his crew then head back on a different track then hit mikes sky ranch before heading back to the border about a 10/12 day run depending on hanging out at a couple places probably 1700/1800 miles total that would take care of my Baja itch for a couple months all my buddies always say hell ya but after a week its I gotta get home
That would be fun and take a lot of planning. I assume some gas stops that involve milk jugs and 55 gallon drums in a really small village/town. I am hoping next year to do the Tecate/Cabo run. Not sure if it will be Tecate to Cabo or fly to Cabo and drive up. 1200 miles of fun.

Reactions: Desertdog01

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Guaranteed! Looks like July seems to be the best month? You didn't catch any rain, correct?
We had a thunder storm when we got to Ensenada. Light rain for maybe 30 minutes. We were in the pool at the hotel. Summer months are dry, just can get hot when you are not next to the coast.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
you want to talk about relaxing ,try Gonzaga Bay at Alfonsina’s sitting on the back patio drinking a beer you can almost feel every stress and ? Just lifting off your shoulders and just plain peacful place to hang out+ pretty damm good fish and shrimp tacos
I am in!!! LOL! Baja and Hawaii are the only two places I have been where you feel the stress leave and relaxation kick in.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Great pics and write up Sand Shark.. Some great memories your son will never forget..

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
That would be fun and take a lot of planning. I assume some gas stops that involve milk jugs and 55 gallon drums in a really small village/town. I am hoping next year to do the Tecate/Cabo run. Not sure if it will be Tecate to Cabo or fly to Cabo and drive up. 1200 miles of fun.
when we did the Ensenada to La Paz the only places it was a 55gal drum was a ranch we had lunch at (Rancho Escondido) and also in San Juanico everything else was a pemex or chase truck , usually top of in the morning from the chase truck
Then meet him some where we got close to a road or he could get in to meet us otherwise alot of the towns had a pemex station

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
its like a 3 day trip 4 if you count the trip into mexico they do a good ride and pretty reasonable last time I looked I think under 700 for 2 If I remember right or prices havent gone up
I've been checking out Off the Grid Expeditions and those guys are a little more expensive than Black Rhino Performance, lol.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I've been checking out Off the Grid Expeditions and those guys are a little more expensive than Black Rhino Performance, lol.
Just a little bit more expensive. But I believe Off the Grid includes more in the price depending on which trip you do with them.

Reactions: DesertTarantula

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
I think Sandy missed his calling as a writer!!! Excellent review, almost felt like I was there with you guys.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 63 Posts