Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a cylindrical/long and narrow bag that will fit inside the 45L cargo box?

I like the form factor of the cargo box but I'm having trouble fitting my tools/supplies inside of it because all the bags I have fit easily in the all terrain trunk on our sport. I don't want to just have everything sloshing around in it while riding.

It has enough room for what I want to carry it's just an odd shape so most bags are too tall or wide.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,593 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I use a tool roll and Lowes has some small low profile bags. One for my sockets and other misc loose tools. And one for my heavier duty winter gear. Door bags hold TP, belt and those tools. PRP under seat bag has bubba rope, soft shackles, tire plugs, co2 pump and a tree strap. Then if the box is out (I have the ice chest too) I can still change a belt, get unstuck and deal with a flat.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a tool roll and Lowes has some small low profile bags. One for my sockets and other misc loose tools. And one for my heavier duty winter gear. Door bags hold TP, belt and those tools. PRP under seat bag has bubba rope, soft shackles, tire plugs, co2 pump and a tree strap. Then if the box is out (I have the ice chest too) I can still change a belt, get unstuck and deal with a flat.
Great strategy! I'm still kicking around the idea of just buying duplicate of everything so I don't have to swap stuff back and forth between SxS's.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I use something like this to carry my tools for my SXS. I don't use the milwaukee brand,, usually use the HD Husky or cheaper WallyWorld pouches,,, but they all work.

I put drivers in one, sockets in one, wrenches in another, etc, etc, and place all of them in my carry location. (bin, door bag, etc) Label the outside of them with a zip tie or the like through the zipper. Keeps everything separate, clean, and easily removable. I only grab the stuff I need.

Works for me, and they're pretty cheap.

Rectangle Sleeve Font Handwriting Brand

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
I use Bucket Boss rollups...like them because of the material heavyness and large-tooth zippers that dust/sand won't bugger up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use something like this to carry my tools for my SXS. I don't use the milwaukee brand,, usually use the HD Husky or cheaper WallyWorld pouches,,, but they all work.

I put drivers in one, sockets in one, wrenches in another, etc, etc, and place all of them in my carry location. (bin, door bag, etc) Label the outside of them with a zip tie or the like through the zipper. Keeps everything separate, clean, and easily removable. I only grab the stuff I need.

Works for me, and they're pretty cheap.

View attachment 281506
BOOM that's what I need. They have those at home depot and lowes?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use Bucket Boss rollups...like them because of the material heavyness and large-tooth zippers that dust/sand won't bugger up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I'll search those and check them out, thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Build one out of the correct size of PVC pipe, cap one end, and have the other screw on and off.
Not a bad idea, although I like the idea of a bag because the zipper would go down the length. I think with a tube you'd have to dump it all out to get to the stuff at the bottom, which is undoubtedly what I would need with my luck.

Reactions: McCarthy

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
BOOM that's what I need. They have those at home depot and lowes?
Yep. HD has the Milwaukee, and their own Husky brand. The Husky brand bags are really heavy duty, but all are black in color. I think the Husky brand also has a version that comes in a 3 pack of different sizes. The MIlwaukee bags are good quality, and come in different sizes, but they are a bit more expensive.

Lowes sells some version as well I believe, but I boycott Lowes, so not sure about that one.

Amazon sells a ton of brands as well. Search for "Canvas Zipper Bags".

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
254 Posts
All my tools are in a Savage utv waterproof casing mounted on th cage. You can basically tear apart the whole car with surprinsingly low amount of tools and sockets.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All my tools are in a Savage utv waterproof casing mounted on th cage. You can basically tear apart the whole car with surprinsingly low amount of tools and sockets.
Got a link to the casing? Do you have a tire pump? A jack? Snatch block? Ratchet straps? A hammer?

Maybe I bring too much crap 🤣

1 - 20 of 20 Posts