Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race quad MX. 3 years ago I had to have the tendon in my right elbow replaced, I had torn it up beyond repair. It is now a muscle. Well left elbow started hurting at the end of the 2013 race season, finally made it to the orthopedic surgeon today. Dr pulls up MRI and instantly goes here look at this and this, 2 big tears on the left elbow tendon! Dr wants to try a 6 week healing program before he opens me up. We both have our doubts that it will work. So it looks like I am heading to surgery in 8 weeks, then no riding/racing the quads for another 12 to 16 weeks. That will be around the end of June. Shoots at any chance at winning the track championship in my class this year!

Atleast I have the Maverick so I can still blast the trails in it. Really glad I bought a DPS model now. With the right elbow I rode as long as I could and was getting numbing shots into the tendon so I could keep riding. It was a long recovery not being able to ride. Mav to the rescue this time though!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was in the same boat. Injuries finally made me get rid of the MX bikes. The Mav saved the day! I am very happy to still be able to rip around with something fast. Heal up quick man!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sounds like life is catching up with you.....I hope the surgery goes well but glad you have the Mav to enjoy....careful, you might like it more than your quad and race it instead :cool2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the well wishes.

I am lazy but the desire to be fast on a MX track is the only thing that keeps me in shape. So I have to race to keep from becoming a total butterball.
Already thinking of racing the Mav, was hoping to race both this year. I do not think the Mav would handle very much MX though, so I have to stay on the quad for that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes.

I am lazy but the desire to be fast on a MX track is the only thing that keeps me in shape. So I have to race to keep from becoming a total butterball.
Already thinking of racing the Mav, was hoping to race both this year. I do not think the Mav would handle very much MX though, so I have to stay on the quad for that.
Do some woods racing with it...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the plan with the Mav. But racing in the woods just isnt the same as flying through the air without wings if you know what I mean. lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That is the plan with the Mav. But racing in the woods just isnt the same as flying through the air without wings if you know what I mean. lol
I hear ya....I am getting to old to play superman anymore....but still like to ride fast and hard

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody tells me that to, but I just do not listen. I am not growing old graciously, going to fight it every step of the way.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Everybody tells me that to, but I just do not listen. I am not growing old graciously, going to fight it every step of the way.
I hear ya brother......I don't listen to anyone but myself and my body is screaming at me.....so I am looking for alternative ways of getting my fix......so far the maverick is doing a good job of filling the void.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts