Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. I've been researching all day and haven't found anything. Last night I was riding around the house and punched it and when I let off the gas it made a horrible grinding noise. I started messing with it a little and if I go over about 10 mph and let off the gas it makes the sound. It goes into all gears great and has all the power its always had but if I get over 10 and let off the gas it sounds like poo. Any one ever had this problem? Transmission is about 10 month old. About 80 miles. The rear end was replaced then as well. Could it be the one way bearing or no? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
895 Posts
possibly put it in the air and see if the noise is still there with the wheels off the ground.
may be easier to decide what it is NOT. ie. wheel bearings not likely but check em anyways.
make sure the wheels feel like their bolted on solid and try rolling them forwards and backwards slightly to see if a u joint or driveline has come loose

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I will try that as well. I just got home and started messing with it. I'm thinking it's the rear end. I just grabbed one of my rear axles and it was so loose the axle on the other side was moving as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts