Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Wife came across this on FB haha. That's in Matawawa getting up into Northern Ontario on the "666" trail lol.

A bunch of us were up there a month ago and rode that area. On the last day my buddy's did it on quads without too much trouble. I skipped the 666 part. Watched it on YouTube and said F that with the X3 lol.

About 40 minutes for them. Would have been 3-6 hours for me I'm sure lol.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
View attachment 271135

Wife came across this on FB haha. That's in Matawawa getting up into Northern Ontario on the "666" trail lol.

A bunch of us were up there a month ago and rode that area. On the last day my buddy's did it on quads without too much trouble. I skipped the 666 part. Watched it on YouTube and said F that with the X3 lol.

About 40 minutes for them. Would have been 3-6 hours for me I'm sure lol.
They just need a good winch with a couple blocks and it would come right out.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mud is under that water. Looks like the pumped water out of the hole too. Sitting there for 2 days it will be encased and stuck bad.

Thats the bad thing about utv's in extra dirty places. There are usually bypasses to avoid the total shit holes. But with a utv you usually can't fit to go around. So no choice but to go full send through the worst lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats the bad thing about utv's in extra dirty places. There are usually bypasses to avoid the total shit holes. But with a utv you usually can't fit to go around. So no choice but to go full send through the worst lol.
Those are the times I'm happy I ended up with a MavT: taking the 'high road' that some quad bashed through. Of course inevitably the next obstacle is some ridiculous off camber washout where I'm teetering on my skinny 50 inches wishing for something wider. Makes trail riding what it is...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I didn't mind running mud holes out in Oregon, as once I was done I would just run the river to clean up the truck. Not many rivers in the desert, so I am thinking I will avoid those mud holes if I ever come across one.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't mind a bit of mud. I run into it here and there in moderation.

But that is pure clay water holes. Most evil thing on the planet. Literally more slick than ice.

Got caught myself a couple times this past weekend. 2 F'ing days to clean it, mostly..

NEVER again will I ride that kind of country. I won't be back lol.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I don't mind a bit of mud. I run into it here and there in moderation.

But that is pure clay water holes. Most evil thing on the planet. Literally more slick than ice.

Got caught myself a couple times this past weekend. 2 F'ing days to clean it, mostly..

View attachment 271136

View attachment 271137 View attachment 271138

NEVER again will I ride that kind of country. I won't be back lol.
That looks like the rotten smelly mud. We had that in Oregon where I lived along with the Red Clay. Both are really hard to clean up unless you have a nice river to run for a couple miles then its ok.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That stuff wasn't smelly. But I know what you mean. Sometimes you go through a big puddle and...barf.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That stuff wasn't smelly. But I know what you mean. Sometimes you go through a big puddle and...barf.
Yep when your in that black smelly stuff you know it for weeks. lol

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder what that bill is going to be. 150 miles to get there for that company. And the last 15 miles into the bush to the 666 trail is not exactly pleasant either. Super rocky. Then you get into the soup after that. Brutal...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
mud crickets always make mud events... eventful lol

The trick to that soupy crap is to winch out as soon as you are stuck. Got the outlander stuck twice.. Both times i didn't rock it, i went until it didn't go forward anymore, tried backing out and as soon as i realized that wasnt' going to work either, i jumped off and winched out

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Had they used the proper set up you could of pulled that out with your hands. thats the one up I have i learned proper rigging coming from a wrecker and why I always have several Snatch Blocks when I ride

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
snatch blocks are amazing if used correctly

1 - 20 of 25 Posts