Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently installing Back country tracks to my 2019 XRS MAX. I read somewhere that once the mounting kit brackets are installed to to the front lower arms, the brackets do not need to be removed when switching back from tracks to wheels. This seeems untrue as there is a screw that hangs from the brackets that cannot be removed without taking off all the brackets. When I fit the wheels and lower the car this screw touches the inside of the wheel. Please help

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Whatever you read was wrong. No darn way you should have that much bolt exposed. I see a disaster waiting to happen. Are you certain that what you read referred to the Back Country system? I believe (I do not know) that the Alpine system has a different setup.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It takes like 10 minutes to take that off. Why on earth would you leave that on. Besides the bolt from what they call the lower balljoint ,it also has other bolts that hang down and will catch on obstacles ..just take them off .

·
Registered
49 Posts
what’s your length front to rear and side to side. I think my 2020 x rs rr was 83 in the rear but that was on 360 LTs because it was early October and wasn’t sure if I would have consistent snow so I didn’t dare put my backcountry LTs on it. Quite surprised how well the 360LTs performed in 4 feet of snow. No issues at all. But I decided even though I have a deposit on a 2022. I wanted a 2021 max with smart shocks and there was one sitting on the floor for sale 3 hours from where I live with no fees. So I got it and got rid of my 2020 so that I can have 2021 max smart shocks on apache backcountry LT tracks and 2022 2 seater xrs smart shocks on backcountry LT tracks if that’s what they call it. So taking a lot of pre load out of my shocks to raise the car. And will run just the shock therapy springs so it doesn’t sag. But in looking at trailers I’m trying to figure out how wide and how long. I’ve thrown the idea out the window of a enclosed trailer it’s 8.5 but door frame isn’t close and don’t want to buy one and not have it fit. Plus raising it should pull my stance in. So just wondering what you have for width and length with the backcountry LTs.
The 360 LTs as much as I hate them, there made by camso for Can am. I have video in a blizzard going in 4 feet of snow but can’t seem to attach it but I have some stills I took from the video so am excited for the backcountry LTS with the pre load taken out. This all per S3 and talking about getting my car like the one they built for ostacruzer project ghost. When they put it on tracks. S3 just took preload out of the car.
41958E9D-8AD5-4A12-8151-05E48A057E78.jpeg
41958E9D-8AD5-4A12-8151-05E48A057E78.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what’s your length front to rear and side to side. I think my 2020 x rs rr was 83 in the rear but that was on 360 LTs because it was early October and wasn’t sure if I would have consistent snow so I didn’t dare put my backcountry LTs on it. Quite surprised how well the 360LTs performed in 4 feet of snow. No issues at all. But I decided even though I have a deposit on a 2022. I wanted a 2021 max with smart shocks and there was one sitting on the floor for sale 3 hours from where I live with no fees. So I got it and got rid of my 2020 so that I can have 2021 max smart shocks on apache backcountry LT tracks and 2022 2 seater xrs smart shocks on backcountry LT tracks if that’s what they call it. So taking a lot of pre load out of my shocks to raise the car. And will run just the shock therapy springs so it doesn’t sag. But in looking at trailers I’m trying to figure out how wide and how long. I’ve thrown the idea out the window of a enclosed trailer it’s 8.5 but door frame isn’t close and don’t want to buy one and not have it fit. Plus raising it should pull my stance in. So just wondering what you have for width and length with the backcountry LTs.
The 360 LTs as much as I hate them, there made by camso for Can am. I have video in a blizzard going in 4 feet of snow but can’t seem to attach it but I have some stills I took from the video so am excited for the backcountry LTS with the pre load taken out. This all per S3 and talking about getting my car like the one they built for ostacruzer project ghost. When they put it on tracks. S3 just took preload out of the car. View attachment 263549 View attachment 263549 View attachment 263549 View attachment 263551
View attachment 263992 Nice! View attachment 263991 View attachment 263991 Apologies for the late reply. I have a Ramptek 87’ x 14’’ trailer and it fits. Will post some measurements in the next day or two
The 360 LTs as much as I hate them, there made by camso for Can am. I have video in a blizzard going in 4 feet of snow but can’t seem to attach it but I have some stills I took from the video so am excited for the backcountry LTS with the pre load taken out. This all per S3 and talking about getting my car like the one they built for ostacruzer project ghost. When they put it on tracks. S3 just took preload out of the car. View attachment 263549 View attachment 263549 View attachment 263549 View attachment 263551
Its 80 inches wide in the front, 84.5 inches wide at the rear and 205 inches long

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its 80 inches wide in the front, 84.5 inches wide at the rear and 205 inches long
Hey thanks so much this info is a unicorn when trying to really find out. The dealer is like unmmmmmmmmmmmm so with wheels it’s .... long..... well if I was getting a trailer for wheels that would help and that us with Max’s and the full doors upper door panels rear can am Polly window and front can am glad window with wiper and fluid and then start throwing on the tracks the mounts the dps the pre filter, the adventure rack the front can am s3 pre runner bumper the front and rear 4500Lb winch, I threw on the magneto to power all my hunting apps on my 3 iPads I have mounted on my dash. And trying to figure a good place for a second big odyssey battery to run the winches if I get in a situation I need to self recover. Plus I don’t even want to think what my light bar and rear box lights cost and the install and the list of things I have left out. I am pulling the seats out in the rear to be able to take all my gear in with me in one go. But the roads now after another 4 feet of snow. Will be defined by onx off road and the tree lines I was just looking at the road I want to go on in a picture from the groomer who does maybe 10 miles of the 60 I am going. And I am like do I need to snatch winch down this just to keep my car on all 4 tracks. I’ll post a pic. As far as heater defroster really because of if your out in full firstlite your not getting cold with the radiator heat coming in to the cab. Only happened once where I was getting ice on the inside of the windshield. I don’t want heat to keep me warm. But the defrost the one time I could have used that instead of a credit card would have been nice. Wondering if some fans connected to the roll cage would eliminate this. Kinda trial by fire. Because once your back that far your not driving out until you tag out your wolfs. So drove the dead stock max with the smart shocks when I went and paid for it. The shocks I can’t say I could tell going thru the settings. Car seemed kinda like my first Ferrari when I got it. If you don’t stay on the gas and release you get the the bucking effect so on that regard I feel like it’s quicker because my 2020 2 seat xrs rr didn’t do that on tires. But I can’t imagine that a much heavier car with the same engine would have more punch to it. But I had to get used to getting on the gas and not backing off just like when I got that first Ferrari and looked a complete fool having the car buck. The tracks and mounts will take that out of course. Just weight wise. Anyways thanks for the info. Like I said it’s a big commitment to put together a car that is on tracks. The tracks are just the beginning. Also from my last trip with the 2020 on 360LTs I got 4 feet of snow in half a day and the machine ran great I was skeptical with those tracks but there wasn’t a issue. So I can only imagine what it will be like with the backcountry LTs also what are you getting gas mileage wise with the tracks and your rack loaded up. And I’m assuming your have fuel on your bed.my 2020 I saw about a 50% decline in miles per tank always using the non ethanol 93 from wheels to tracks possible more than 50%. I am just trying to think if I try putting in the car 2 15 gallon tanks 2 15 gallon tanks on the bed and possibly another 15 on the roof. Or do 2 trips. And eat the gas. I’m pulling the pre load off so it will be about 10 to 12 inches higher but with all the weight I don’t want to loose the ground clearance. So 2 trips will most likely be the way to get my Fuel to camp. From what I experienced if you get above 4 feet and your climbing a pretty steep grade. You need that ground clearance. Or you will find you built yourself a nice little patch of snow in-between your tracks with the tracks in the air and then you have to start backing up and leveling the road flatter. Just feeling like I need more power. This new ecu thing is killing me not being able to put the evo desert storm on there for those moments with a steep incline fresh snow and thus filling your front grill with snow killing airflow to your radiator. And watching your temp climb. I saw ostacruzer on his project ghost s3 car even tho it says that you can’t do the relocated kit if you have full upper door panels or rear windshield the videos and pics I have seen have the re locator put back behind his rear windshield. But s3 told me they didn’t do that part. Seems like it would improve the temps all around massively to put the radiator in the back. Well enough questions my bad. Just to go from a 2 seater to the limo seems like it’s going to take me a min to get used to. A lot more car I’ll be dealing with, with the same amount of power. As you can see in those first tracks pics some of those side hill roads will keep me on my toes and the good old sthil to get thru the trees. Last photo is what we’re dealing with in Idaho with the wolfs. Sun valley to Stanley is a pretty major road and to have 10 wolfs cruising down the middle of a busy highway in the light of day no less. Going thru cattle country. Those are in a zone where with a tag you can’t shoot them on the road you can’t let them jump the easement fences because that’s private property. they jump to the left which takes them directly into sawtooth wilderness area meaning no motorized vehicles of any kind. And those are some big boys also. So if you think why are you hunting these beautiful wolfs. Well just think about the farmer who looses 30 head of cattle and the wolfs didn’t even eat any of the cows. Just thrill kill or teaching the young how to kill. And then watching elk and deer be slaughtered dumping our herd numbers down drastically. And as I thought when I started this will be easy. Well it’s not remotely easy these guys are smart and part of the journey getting back to where they are is a nightmare and then be willing to spend 3 months out there. Not to mention the cost of everything. I feel bad for those hunters in that trophy unit in Colorado that 1000’s of in state and out of state hunters put in for bonus points year after year hopping to pull the tag, and that they are going to re introduce wolfs into this unit and will spread thru the whole region. Fish and game is going to suffer massively seeing as they are funded by sale of tags and firearms ammo hunting licenses. Not by the state not by tax payers money. Goal isn’t to eliminate the wolfs not at all. It’s to keep the number set out from the beginning. we’re 30x over that number at this point. If not more. So me I would love to see them on the landscape but in manageable numbers. with elk being able to come back like they were and deer also and not have ranchers loose 30k in a night.
C7915EAC-6460-497B-9E36-E81FF6078123.jpeg
0AF37140-EFC6-41C4-8707-E0C1872C7CA5.jpeg
99770768-723F-495F-83CD-C2E33433047E.jpeg
C485514B-A6B2-4E49-AD5A-72EA37375C7F.jpeg
63A76FF7-9247-49B2-966B-AD11991D1A95.jpeg
B4D9EB94-0588-4DFE-8294-80DA82CDE8FA.jpeg
38EEAB79-C681-416C-8329-0B480FCD6F96.jpeg

C7915EAC-6460-497B-9E36-E81FF6078123.jpeg
0AF37140-EFC6-41C4-8707-E0C1872C7CA5.jpeg
99770768-723F-495F-83CD-C2E33433047E.jpeg
C485514B-A6B2-4E49-AD5A-72EA37375C7F.jpeg
63A76FF7-9247-49B2-966B-AD11991D1A95.jpeg
B4D9EB94-0588-4DFE-8294-80DA82CDE8FA.jpeg
38EEAB79-C681-416C-8329-0B480FCD6F96.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
gota read I guess. But not much useful info that wasn't not posted in the post before. Which was the length and width of a max with backcountry LTs on it. Guess I text a lot. And end up writing novels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that's some extreme riding and amazing pics! With the tracks I only get approximately 5 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for posting these dimensions. My Maverick just showed up at the dealer yesterday and I'm throwing the same tracks on it right away. I've been looking everywhere trying to get dimensions, but have had no luck until I found this post. I've been thinking about getting an enclosed trailer that I can stay in for short weekend trips, but wondering if I'll be able to get one that it'll fit in. How much height do the tracks add to the machine?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting these dimensions. My Maverick just showed up at the dealer yesterday and I'm throwing the same tracks on it right away. I've been looking everywhere trying to get dimensions, but have had no luck until I found this post. I've been thinking about getting an enclosed trailer that I can stay in for short weekend trips, but wondering if I'll be able to get one that it'll fit in. How much height do the tracks add to the machine?

Thanks,

Jim
I have read Canam states it adds 6 to 7 inches. Will take some measurements tomorrow. When buying an enclosed trailer bear in mind that the car is full of ice after riding and I always need to stop at the car wash to get rid of all the ice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My XRS Max with tracks measures 71.5 inches to the highest point of the roof. The suspension is standard but was adjusted for better ground clearance with the normal wheels

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much, really appreciate it! Built our house a couple of years ago and figured I'd buy some fun winter toys so added a hot water hose on the garage which works great on the sled. Have to imagine with the 4 tracks this will require a lot more spraying down though.

Again, really appreciate it, these measurements have been impossible to come by.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts