Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 rides with my new Backcountry LT tracks, I noticed that the metal arms of the rear tracks where they connect to the stabiliser bar are bent on both sides.

I suspect that the stabliser bars were not properly adjusted. When I fitted the tracks I adjusted the stabiliser bars as per BRP’s instructions being 1. Disconnect the stabiliser bar from the tracks 2. lift the car and then lower the car with tracks on 2X3 inch blocks 3.Adjust stabiliser tube by turning it either in and out to fit freely on the
track metal arm

Please confirm whether I followed these instructions correctly. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update....managed to find additional instruction...after performing step 3 in my previous post the stabilizer tube needs to be removed and further adjusted by 3 revolutions for the back (turning the tube in i.e. clock wise) and 2 revolutions for the front (turning bar out i.e. anti clockwise) for an XRS. Apparently this adjusts the angle of the tracks slightly upward. Once this is done the stabilizer bar must be connected to the tracks by lifting the tracks in order for the stabilizer bar to fit freely on to the bolt located on the tracks.

I managed to remove and straighten the bent metal plates (see previous post) and followed the correct adjustment procedure above. However after riding today the metal plates are once again slightly bent in the rear. If you have a Backcountry tracks fitted please check whether your rear metal plates of the tracks where they connect to the stabilizer bar are also bent. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine are good ..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the dealer put them on an no issues so far. But good to know and keep an eye out for. And have some extra parts in case. I’m running the 4 stabilizer wheels and the DuPont 600 dollar track friction things. These seem to be build for deep snow. Even something groomed I take it real easy. And scratches all around.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So after this came went back out and checked my machine over ,yup bent the same.Then talked to all our buddy’s with this kit ,and we are all bent the same .We have also bent the anti rotation bars,and 3 of us have sheared the front what they call ball joint bolt ..So BRP what going on ? This is a major design flaw where a little bracing added it can be fixed.We
are all setup correctly to there spec also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts