Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the consensus on here is to use the QSC & STM clutch setup. What about exhaust? Full system? 3/4 system? 1/2 system? Brand? Slip-ons?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well, this is another gray area since most manufacturers claim HP increases but don't back it up with any Dyno numbers or when tested by a 3rd party, haven't shown much of an increase. There are some guys running Muzzy's and Barkers systems and have had pretty good feedback from the users. Yoshimura is close to releasing a system as well.....The stock head pipes are restrictive, so a full system will obviously perform better than a 3/4 system. And a slip on system will still use the CAT so don't expect much in the way of HP gains from any slip on system.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, this is another gray area since most manufacturers claim HP increases but don't back it up with any Dyno numbers or when tested by a 3rd party, haven't shown much of an increase. There are some guys running Muzzy's and Barkers systems and have had pretty good feedback from the users. Yoshimura is close to releasing a system as well.....The stock head pipes are restrictive, so a full system will obviously perform better than a 3/4 system. And a slip on system will still use the CAT so don't expect much in the way of HP gains from any slip on system.
I dont think the stock head pipes are restrictive at all, but they are heavy as hell. The big restriction comes from the Cat. Plus a full system will weigh alot less than the stcok set up. I think my Muzzy dropped 28 to 30 lbs from the stock set up.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I dont think the stock head pipes are restrictive at all, but they are heavy as hell. The big restriction comes from the Cat. Plus a full system will weigh alot less than the stcok set up. I think my Muzzy dropped 28 to 30 lbs from the stock set up.
I thought the head pipes were double walled leaving a smaller ID to the pipe and the aftermarket pipes are not. Do you still have yours laying around?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The front one is double walled but the ID is still about the same as after market.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The front one is double walled but the ID is still about the same as after market.
That's good to know.....I didn't think of checking when I had mine off to wrap them....they were pretty heavy though.....I want doors, shock mods, and exhaust....as my next 3 upgrades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts