Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I snapped the drivers side front axle what suggestions can I get for stronger replacement heard good things on gorrilla and rhino what about sixity ax les anyone mess with them vendors feel free to pm me prices shipped to 99705 in Alaska

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
From past experience I can say, whatever you do, don't get a Rhino axle. Even though you install it properly, very soon you will snap off the end of the axle inside of your differential and SuperATV will tell you it's your fault because you didn't install it properly. Happened to me twice before I went with Gorilla axles and it has happened to plenty others, as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone had any bad experience with gorrilla? At 400plus per axle I would like to hear feed back from actual users not the good comments they post on their page to make a product look great

·
Registered
492 Posts
Has anyone had any bad experience with gorrilla? At 400plus per axle I would like to hear feed back from actual users not the good comments they post on their page to make a product look great

I can tell you I waited 3 weeks for a pair only to be told it would be another 2 weeks.......So I know they aren't accurate with their projected delivery dates!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can get you a set of axles that are stronger than any axle on the market! $435 an axle with about a week lead time!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Alright so I snapped the drivers side front axle what suggestions can I get for stronger replacement heard good things on gorrilla and rhino what about sixity ax les anyone mess with them vendors feel free to pm me prices shipped to 99705 in Alaska

ONLY good axles that im aware of is OEM axles- Turner Eagles 435$ each and Gorillas . Turner claims they are 28% stronger than any other on the market.

I just bought a set Turner Eagles , so we will see but they look GREAT .

Rhino axles are Worse than JUNK. i tried 3 on my old commander , they never lasted 1 day each , after alot of argueing , they refunded HALF my money,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with outlaw dhs axle will see how it holds up read alot of good reviews 36 degrees is what they can run at so i should be good with a stock machine

·
Registered
227 Posts
I went with outlaw dhs axle will see how it holds up read alot of good reviews 36 degrees is what they can run at so i should be good with a stock machine

where you get them from?? were they in stock??

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can get you a set of axles that are stronger than any axle on the market! $435 an axle with about a week lead time!
What brand are they? I need to replace my front 2 as one cv joint is starting to click.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Highlighter.com they were in stock 382.93 2nd day aired to alaska 2hours after order I got the email saying ups picked up so far I am pleased no back log yet I paid 67.98 for the shipping because I got impatient and didn't wanna wait a week for the 20ish ground shipping

·
Registered
640 Posts
What brand is that? And how much? I don't need any just yet, but with the way I am breaking stuff... If I have to replace axles, I don't want to have to do it again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are made by highlifter and they are outlaw DHT not dhs

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've never had any problems with Gorilla axles in the past, but I've never ran them on a mav.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well their shipping is right on got home to the axle sitting on the porch. Will get them in and let you guys know how it goes before Saturday

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can't say too much about the company that currently has my rig in their shop building new axles as they aren't a sponsor here but they just got a contract with Ford Racing to supply their vehicles with their axle set ups if that is any testament to the quality of their products . They are nearing completion of R&D on the rear axles right now for the Mav. I do not know anymore details such as pricing or availability but as soon as I get some pics or more info I will provide it.

2014 White/Red XRS-DPS (under the knife at Gforce Engineering)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the old axle out and new one in. Less than 15 mins noticed the outlaws have a longer plunge to them. Took it out a little and held up so far

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
ONLY good axles that im aware of is OEM axles- Turner Eagles 435$ each and Gorillas . Turner claims they are 28% stronger than any other on the market.

I just bought a set Turner Eagles , so we will see but they look GREAT .

Rhino axles are Worse than JUNK. i tried 3 on my old commander , they never lasted 1 day each , after alot of argueing , they refunded HALF my money,
How did the Turner Axles hold up?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts