Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people are breaking axles due to running big mud tires like Terms, outlaws, or outlaw 2's. I recently ordered a set od 29.5 outlaw 2's s/w and was wondering what to expect. I have throttle control unless I lose drink control.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The stocks have surprised me. Ran 34's all summer, no broken axels. Never got outta hand with the drinks tho.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Too many drinks will break axles much quicker than too much throttle!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Broken two fronts but absolutely from abuse. The stock axles are surprisingly strong. I've ram 32 terms for over a year

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it. Thanks guys. Now if I could get ahold of Kris and figure out what to do to my clutch(qsc) to keep from smoking belts when I get the tires mounted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad to hear it. Thanks guys. Now if I could get ahold of Kris and figure out what to do to my clutch(qsc) to keep from smoking belts when I get the tires mounted.
Don't know if you've tried texting him or not, but I've always had good luck that way.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I've texted and pm'ed him on here. I'm sure he will get back to me as soon as he can. Just want to get the clutch done before I get to crazy with the new tires and smoke a belt.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've broke 0 and my bro has broke one on his with 34s. I have 30 inch wide lites btw. They are good and strong ,my advice is when the front starts bouncing let of and get the rope.

·
Registered
58 Posts
my maverick came stock from BRP with 30" Silver Back mud tires.(maverick X MR).
SilverBacks have a more aggressive tread than all the tires you mentioned.
I have had 0 trouble with axles and spend a lot of time in cedar bogs and swamps.
If your axles are the same as my stockers you should not have problems unless you like big wheels spin. That much weight (tires and rims) spinning at high speed and coming to quick stop against something like a solid root or rock will either break axles, cv's, or other no matter what brand you upgrade too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts