Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have partnered up with RideNow here in Tucson and have been told our Maverick RS X should be here sometime between Dec 17-24th... nice Xmas present to ourselves!!!

We plan to quickly start its conversion to a BITD/SCORE legal racer to replace our tried and true Commander (which will be for sale after the Parker 250 in early January) but we may try to take it out to Glamis for a weekend in the Sand before the transformation begins! We are going to have a couple of pretty cool announcements coming out shortly concerning other partnerships that are in the wings. We are already excited to have our continued support from Can Am,GBC tires, Muzzy's, Beard Seats, Evan Walker, Factory UTV and a number of others.

I hope to provide progress reports on the build as we work to get it ready for the Mint 400 in March.

Look forward to see what everybody else has planned for their Mavericks as well.. its going to be pretty exciting next few months.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Great news. When you all can report the top speed of this thing please let us know. The maverick is replacing my xp9 so I'm just curious what it'll do.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get a chance to take a Maverick out for an extended time on both a Stadium racecourse (Firebird in Phx) and into the desert for a bit... The Maverick is just really quick, great out of the hole and corners...you can really feel the extra HP and Torque. I cannot say with all certainty, but I have to believe its speed limited like the Commander to 73 mph..of course there are ways around the speed limiter, like the BRP Gizmo etc...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Whats does the power feel like compared to the rzr xp is the million dollar question lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...we are really looking forward to getting and flogging it some..to answer and to be truthful, I did not drive them back to back, but the Maverick comes out of the hole so much better than the Commander, the power is much more linear as well.. the Murry's did drive them against the XP900 and they said it easily pulled the XP..it should though...they make 15-20 more and substantially more TQ.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We have partnered up with RideNow here in Tucson and have been told our Maverick RS X should be here sometime between Dec 17-24th... nice Xmas present to ourselves!!!
I am also hoping to have mine before Xmas. CA rep would not commit to a date but he thinks my dealer could get their first 2 around Dec 15th. My name is on the 1st X-rs. So lets keep our fingers crossed that Santa Claus is on time this year!!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am also hoping to have mine before Xmas. CA rep would not commit to a date but he thinks my dealer could get their first 2 around Dec 15th. My name is on the 1st X-rs. So lets keep our fingers crossed that Santa Claus is on time this year!!!!
We want pictures, reviews and all questions answered on demand, only excuse for slow response would be if you were out riding the Maverick LMAO
Also can we count on you to get it lined up with a stock XP and get some footage???!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We want pictures, reviews and all questions answered on demand, only excuse for slow response would be if you were out riding the Maverick LMAO
Also can we count on you to get it lined up with a stock XP and get some footage???!!!
Hopefully my first ride will be the week between Xmas & New Yrs, So if my buddy with the XP shows up, you can count on it.
He is planning on coming out. So we'll see what happens.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im thinking we might have a few days in Glamis before we start on the conversion into a racer... trying to firm up some dates now from some buddies. Should be plenty of Rzr's in all iterations to race.. (although drag racing is NOT my forte)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Bryan... and one day we might get out for a ride together!! hope all is well with you!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man im getting anxious. Hopefully us east coast guys dont get the shaft on delivery dates

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man all my dealers are saying February at the earliest for Washington state. I'd sure like to have one here in December.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So after taking RideNow's GM for a quick spin around the desert (up and down the wash a a slightly excelerated pace) loaded her up on the trailer and took to the shop...

get to take it out this long weekend and put it through its paces.. will take video and let you guys know what we think... already looking at the mechanicals.. much more heavy duty..bigger and better designed CV's, axles...rear Diff look to be larger too (will need to verify though)..bulked up frame and suspension components.. steering seems easier too..dont know why yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
What is your take on the steering rack and tie rods size/strength wise? I heard some of the units on the demo rides were bending tie rods, hopefully they improved them before going to production...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is your take on the steering rack and tie rods size/strength wise? I heard some of the units on the demo rides were bending tie rods, hopefully they improved them before going to production...

We have not taken the plastics off yet to be able to see the steering rack, but will be doing so in the next day or two..it looks like the Electric Power Steering from Wicked will be a bolt in.. the Ties rods are of a thicker material and are longer of course.. much bigger(and finned for cooling) front and rear CV's & axles and rear diff is huge compared to the Commander... and no gear whine.

More to come as we have time to analyze...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts