Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious, I have been hearing that the Rotax motor in the Maverick is built and assembled in Mexico is this true? I know That my DS650 motor came from Austria. Does anybody have any info on this?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Not to sound like a racist, but I sure hope mine was built in Austria.. Mainly just cause they make some precision shit!
i would agree Mexico is a third world shit hole full of drug dealers, drug mules and the retards who cant jump the fence into the good ol USA.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Maybe the motor is made in Austria and the clutch is made in Mexico.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol clutch mexico

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Austrian engine but the car is assembled in Mexico

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well, there it is right there!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had rather of not known.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I may have to re-think my choice to NOT check the torque on my head bolts when I did my 10 hour service. Maybe the administrators should delete this thread right away. If the Po Po boys catch wind of this they'll actually be able to win some arguments.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Any way to date that clipping? Or any way to tell from casting marks on the engine for sure where it was made?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Does it really matter? You got what you got, so either be happy with it or get rid of it and get something else...JMHO

·
Registered
62 Posts
I may have to re-think my choice to NOT check the torque on my head bolts when I did my 10 hour service. Maybe the administrators should delete this thread right away. If the Po Po boys catch wind of this they'll actually be able to win some arguments.
Some of the poo's are made in mexico also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I guess that answers my question to. It is unfortunate that they are being built down there. But as hard as I pushed it during break in and it still held together well it must be alright then. Let's just hope they don't hold it against us if something does happen to these engines.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts