Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your top speed up Oldsmobile ?? what kind of paddles are you running ?? and are you stock ??
My top speed up Olds was 43mph running stock with sandstar paddles. . . .

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Went over the top at a blazing speed of just over 5 MPH. Yep, of course that was last year in my stock Teryx. Looking forward to another crack at Olds this season!

·
Registered
211 Posts
42 MPH with stock tires.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
43 sounds bout right for the steeper parts of the hill. I'm closer to 50 with my currect clutch setup and paddles (8 paddle Skat extremes).

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
45mph up the easy side with a shitty run at it. 26" 7.80 paddles stock shitty clutch too.

i will know in about a week what the STM rage 6 does with the same paddles.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Mega, you and I have about the same car. My stab at the clutch tune with our tire combo is gonna be 9-2-2 with a gold spring and a 45* helix. I'll be curious to know how much better the rage 6 is that the stock clutch in high speed big bowl dunes. I'm coming down for Christmas for a week

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The full STM 6 clutch when tuned properly blows a stock clutch Mav out the door. In a big dune I hit 60+ mph climbing because the acceleration and hit is so violent and raw. The car pulls and pulls up the biggest hills not under full throttle unless I want to make a point...lol

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
The full STM 6 clutch when tuned properly blows a stock clutch Mav out the door. In a big dune I hit 60+ mph climbing because the hit acceleration and hit is so violent and raw. The car pulls and pulls up the biggest hills not under full throttle unless I want to make a point...lol
I will find out what your ride does up Olds next week.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I will find out what your ride does up Olds next week.
u will not...u drive like a Rhino driver...I know what my mav n commander do up olds

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u will not...u drive like a Rhino driver...I know what my mav n commander do up olds
rhino drivers actually have to keep it floored all the time so he might do good , lol

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
rhino drivers actually have to keep it floored all the time so he might do good , lol
Especially his rhino trying to run with mavs n commanders in the dunes with his 45 hp...stopping every 10 mins so he doesn't overheat...lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
question, what is top speed on bone stock machine and oem tires, did you do it in high or low gear
Showroom stock...I was 42 mph air'd down to 5 psi on the Big Horns on the steeper parts of the hill. High gear, 4x4, sport mode.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The full STM 6 clutch when tuned properly blows a stock clutch Mav out the door. In a big dune I hit 60+ mph climbing because the acceleration and hit is so violent and raw. The car pulls and pulls up the biggest hills not under full throttle unless I want to make a point...lol
What's your rage 6 setup that you're running and tire combo?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
42 on stock tires at 5 psi. Also 42 on 26x12.5 eight paddle Skat's, but with a messed up primary running around 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Steve, you played with the weights yet?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts