Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, it is my understanding that the maverick accesories wont work together on 2 items.
you know that hard shell plastic 33 gallon storage container they sell, the one with the yellow top and the 3rd rear tail light. that wont work with the sprae tire holder i was told. is that true??

if so a great and not to hard to build after market accesory to make would be a sprae tire holder that would work with it. maybe run a roll cage extension across top of that and down to connect in the tow hitch area. so it sits up above it and still allows use of the box.??

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
wheres the best place to buy that storage box so far for the mav?

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
i never understood why people carry an extra wheel on thier play cars. I understand in racing, but with a small compressor, and a plug kit i have patched slices and holes in wheels on the trail. And if it really damaged then drive on it and replace it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The first week that I got my Rhino, I hit a rock and ruined a tire. So, I carried a spare tire with me for the next 6 years and NEVER USED IT ONCE.!!! I won't be doing that with the Maverick! And I do have a plug kit and compressor, and with beadlocks, if you ruin a tire, you can still run it flat if you keep your speed up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Best place to buy the box is the dealer @ this time. I have one. Looks great and works great.
Keeps out dirt and water as long as your not underwater.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have pix with the box installed? I will need a box when I get my mav. But I would like to see what it looks like before I buy one.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i would like to see a picture of it installed to on someones actual machine, as to a spare tire. i agree, not really needed local, dunes or where a walk is not to bad, or even drive on it. however i usually travel in very high altitude rocky trails in colorado, pauite trail, wyoming, utah and montana and i can easily be 100 miles away from life...lol.. and my nearest help is a bear in teh field to my side. so in that case i might be running on a bare rim before i get home. so its a safety feauture for me. need it once and dont have it and you will never again be without it...found out the hard way 2 years ago. Just like i see some people out on trails with no winch, would never suggest that, again were miles from help or home. i have pulled out 2 people due to no winch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts