Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sold on the Assault Industries 5 point harness, however I cannot seem to find the override plug I need in order to go over 15 miles per hour. I am trying to go through sidebysidestuff.com but I cannot find the override plug anywhere on their website. Can someone please send me to a website that I can get the harnesses and the plug in a one stop shop. Thank you:cool2:

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
Cut the wires and twist them together and save $20.00

agree, save the money and just cut and tie them together, leave room to put back together if need be

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts

I got these and it fits the plug to override. You just have to connect the pigtails. Also gives you other connections for accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can put the wires together, that's the easiest and simplest way. if you want the plug we have it. $12 plus ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can also just rig up a jumper and plug it into the plug on the machine. I used a V electrical plug (don't know the proper name) that easily plugged into the female plug on the machine then electrical tape to seal it up. This way if I want it back (dont see why) I can just untape it, pull the jumper, plug it back up and I'm back to stock.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wires are just like steel, they're meant to be chopped up and put back together. You could splice the wires on the plug end that you cut off the seat belt and then plug it in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This turned how to be a funny thread, people will spend $30,000 on a car but argue about spending ten bucks on a simple plug ????

RSR Performance

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sorry, you are right, for most it's only $10.00 but I look at it as if I can make it myself I'm going to do it for sure and keep my money in my pocket regardless of how small the pile of change is. And yes, it's a $30K machine but I have never considered anyone switching back from harnesses to a seat belt.
Hope you find a great plug that loops the wires for you.
BTW, if you're not totally against doing any of it yourself you can paint the plug Gold for an extra 5HP (8HP on a RZR).

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The reason I can afford things like 30k play toys is because I don't waste my money. I have a buddy who owns probably 2 dozen watches, most of them well over $1000 to buy. He wonders how I can afford things like an x3. As for cutting up the car, some would probably have a heart attack if they saw what I did to the dash to mount my radio or what I did to the bed to mount a spare tire.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The reason I can afford things like 30k play toys is because I don't waste my money. I have a buddy who owns probably 2 dozen watches, most of them well over $1000 to buy. He wonders how I can afford things like an x3. As for cutting up the car, some would probably have a heart attack if they saw what I did to the dash to mount my radio or what I did to the bed to mount a spare tire.
Agreed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry, you are right, for most it's only $10.00 but I look at it as if I can make it myself I'm going to do it for sure and keep my money in my pocket regardless of how small the pile of change is. And yes, it's a $30K machine but I have never considered anyone switching back from harnesses to a seat belt.
Hope you find a great plug that loops the wires for you.
BTW, if you're not totally against doing any of it yourself you can paint the plug Gold for an extra 5HP (8HP on a RZR).
?

RSR Performance

·
Registered
159 Posts
?

RSR Performance

·
Registered
231 Posts
The reason why others can afford $30K is because people are willing to buy stuff from them that they don't need.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL. I haven't been on for a few days and I was laughing when I read the comments. You all are funny. Anyway I ended up buying the harnesses from Sidebysidestuff.com and got the override plug from UTVinc.com. The damn thing of it all was that the plug cost me 10.95 or so and the damn shipping was almost 8 bucks. I guess I should have swiped the old one off my totaled RZR turbo but thats nor hear nor there. Thanks for all the support and help, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm simply cut then splice,solder and heat shrink the harness and it's fixed 5 minute job tops while installing the harness

1 - 20 of 20 Posts