Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these? I installed mine tonight and my gear indicator reads N in both high and low gear. The instruction say it should read H in both gears, and that means it's functioning properly. Sent Articbomb (DZmotorsports) an email requesting some assistance, but was wondering if anyone here has this harness, and if you had the same, or any issues.

I can't get the Mav outa the garage to test it out, and won't be able to till I'm loading up for Pismo next weekend. :disappointed:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it with it on and off. Didn't matter.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well shizznits. I'm just going to take it off for now. I gotta get my stuff ready for next weekend, and aint got time to monkey with it this week.:disappointed:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the switchless articbomb one on mine and it show N just like yours but it works fine. I was kinda worried about it because my buddy has the same one and his shows H. Oh well as long as it works I guess lol.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the switchless articbomb one on mine and it show N just like yours but it works fine. I was kinda worried about it because my buddy has the same one and his shows H. Oh well as long as it works I guess lol.
Thats kinda reassuring...sorta. lol

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the battery cable then connecting back to reset the system?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lol yea I would leave it on, one way to kind of tell if its working without actually driving it is to start it up and let it idle with the sport mode switch turned off then when you switch it on the motor should idle up a little bit. At least with mine you can tell, you can watch the tachometer and it will idle up a couple hundred rpms when you turn sport mode on...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll go out and check it out. Not that I really give a rats fuzzy butt what the gear indicator shows, but just not all that reassuring when it doesn't work exactly like they say it should.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yea I felt the same way but I just took it on a big ride this past weekend and it works fine so like you said I could careless if says H or N as long as the sucker works lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
There are two or three different harnesses depending of which gear position switch your ride has....Can Am changed mid production. I had the same issue with mine and the alternate harness fixed it. They will swap it out for you.....

Even though the indicator reads N, it still worked in the mean time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats good to know, did they say if it will hurt anything leaving it the way it is? If not I dont want to hassle with it and will probably just leave it like it is..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info CC. I was hoping DZ would tell me something to that effect. Being the weekend I don't expect to hear back from them till Monday or Tuesday, and need to load up on Wednesday to leave on Thursday morning. Guess I'll leave it on for now and see how it works. I can alway just unplug it if I'm not happy with it.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See, that's what I was worried about. I'm a go pull the harness out. I'll get in touch with DZ sometime this week.

Thanks guys for the info

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You need a modified harness if it reads N. Sport mode works in N but RPM is limited to '''7500'''.
I thought that was normal , lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got in contact with DZM. Rob is sending me a new harness tomorrow. Thumbs up to him for the quick responce, and taking care of business.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts