1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Don't think it's you machine sir

·
Banned
546 Posts
none of the machines are manufactured ANY different. every single machine has the same exact requirements. i build (1) kit, and it works on EVERY machine. commander, maverick, maverick max, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. the switchless kit he is building is a great idea, believe me i thought of it a long time ago, but it is succeptible to the voltage changes of the machine way too easily. some machines have a high voltage problem, some machines will produce 13.6volts at idle and some will only produce 12.6 volts at idle. when you are manipulating a signal to make the ECU see a certain voltage signal, and your beginning voltage varies so much, your end voltage will also vary. the switchless is a good idea, but looking at the posts on here and the commander forum popping up literally daily, i would be willing to bet the switchless kit he is selling, has about a 60% failure rate. get the kit with a switch. if you dont like the switch just wire tie it up behind the dash and leave it on. you wont have the switch in the dash, and it will still work like the switchless.

i have had machines with his kit on them come thru the shop. and i see things like when you cut the lights on the dash blinks back and forth and throws E codes. of when you hit the brakes it will throw an E code. this is all because of the voltage draw on the system. when you cut lights on, it drops the voltage of the entire machine. when you take the voltage that the switchless is sending the signal down the line, and rob voltage from it as well, the computer gets confused and throws an E code. the switchless problem is how it gets its signal, and how it manipulates the voltage down the line. it is way more succeptible to the beginning voltage of the machine and since some machines voltage is so far apart from the beginning, it makes the harness not work.
This is not true. Switchless has no effect on this when DONE RIGHT! My Guys Switchless Kit does care how much your voltage changes =) There is a set value the ecu sees per gear and it has a range. When its built with a Control board there is need to worry about this. My board sees voltage in and sends whats its been programmed to send. No matter what the machine is making for voltage my Chip will send back the correct voltage.

So to say Switchless fails this much is incorrect.. By saying ARTICBOMBS switchless fails whatever percent fine but Dont be putting my GUYS switchless in that group as its failure Rate Is 0. Only had one issue and it was one missed the programming setup and he took care of the guy right away.. Now everyone is tested on a machine before its shipped!

·
Banned
546 Posts
But yes these are all the same

·
Banned
546 Posts
Wicked's guy's product is great. Love sport low and he was willing to answer all my questions. Thanks again Wicked.
No problem he is glad to help

·
Banned
546 Posts
Just didn't want people being worried about my guys product! =) Wait till cars are hovering

·
Banned
546 Posts
I have the ArcticBomb one with a switch. It took a few tries to get the right one to make it work on mine but it works well now. I have had transmission error pop up a couple times, I believe it is related to the charging system and power usage effecting the signal voltage like Airdam was saying. Not sure that it would matter if you have the Switch or Switchless. Only advantage with the switch is you can turn it off and run "stock" without any errors until your system voltage comes back to normal.
Or have my guys =) if it fails it will fail stock

·
Banned
546 Posts
No idea send me an artic bomb harness and Ill dyno it with the errors lol

1 - 7 of 8 Posts