Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced there stock clutch bolts with ARP clutch bolts, I'm talking on a stock clutch if you have where did you get them and are they working.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
i have two sets from Airdam in the garage awaiting my warranty to run out.

i could measure them and post specs for a fee. haha
I think it's only funny from your side. Why do you 2 sets?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
just cuz I can sand man

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Are there arp bolts allen head socketed or regular?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
allen head sir

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Everytime I try to get some good torque on an allenhead it either breaks the allen or strips the socket. I guess you cant get them with a normal bolt head. That sucks.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya I was a lil worried about it being a allen head to

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
ya I was a lil worried about it being a allen head to
Don't be... The bolts are grade 12.9...you aint gunna hurt em. Use the right size allen on your impact. I've had them on and off MANY times while trying to dial in my clutch

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
bolts stretch over time and will replace one after a year or so, just because i can.
Wouldn't it be better to just replace that clutch so you don't have to worry about it breaking the bolts?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That's the thing. I think it's a little scary using a torque wrench trying to get a hundred pounds of torque on them. But if you know your impact, then it's not a problem working with them. Do you know what I'm saying?

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to just replace that clutch so you don't have to worry about it breaking the bolts?

nope, i am a cheap ass mofo and if all i need to do is replace a bolt, belt and not abuse my clutch i will put my money in other things. I have beat the shit out of my Mav in the dunes and only blew a belt from abuse.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Don't be... The bolts are grade 12.9...you aint gunna hurt em. Use the right size allen on your impact. I've had them on and off MANY times while trying to dial in my clutch
good to know

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
That's the thing. I think it's a little scary using a torque wrench trying to get a hundred pounds of torque on them. But if you know your impact, then it's not a problem working with them. Do you know what I'm saying?
what about those torque stick the wheel and tire shops use ? lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I need an arp bolt for the primary in a bad way. Hey Adam hook me up!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts