Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Is it hot already? Mid-June is when your 110+ for 90 days straight starts. At least you have your 90 degree pool water to cool you off. I will be in the AZ heat in June, but I will have the Colorado river to jump in. Nothing like a 40 degree difference between the air temp and water temp.
First, that's 95 degree pool, LOL! I can deal with 110 all day long, and love it! I hate when the humidity rolls in with the monsoons. Dave called the other day and asked what the pool was. He said his was 78, I was like YIKES!!!

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
First, that's 95 degree pool, LOL! I can deal with 110 all day long, and love it! I hate when the humidity rolls in with the monsoons. Dave called the other day and asked what the pool was. He said his was 78, I was like YIKES!!!
Humidity sucks! 78 degree pool water is way too cold. LOL!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said pool, enjoy your oversized hot tub.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That is a Huntsman spider, not a Brown Recluse.
I didn't ask for papers or a Green card. Whatever is was is dead now.
The wife told me it was a Brown Recluse. I seldom argue with her.

I showed the picture to the mail lady. Now I get my mail brought to my front door. Winning !!!

Desert Brown Recluse

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.desertusa.com/insects/images/brown_recluse2.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.desertusa.com/insects/brown-spider.html&tbnid=FqUNjgQbpgS4NM&vet=1&docid=LrXNOdLUZN1UhM&w=450&h=298&source=sh/x/im

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Could of been a Huntsman spider. Don't really care, I'll kill it's mother if I find her, on Mother's Day.

Rodents, spiders & sharks all die on my property. And clowns.

I've got this deal with sharks, show up in my world and die. In return I do not go into the ocean.

Getting eaten is at the top of my 10 ways I refuse to die from list.

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said pool, enjoy your oversized hot tub.
Settle down there slick. Don't knock it till you try it. If you have ever swam in the Caribbean in the middle of Summer, you'd know!

But most of my friends call it the world's biggest bathtub, LOL!

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Could of been a Huntsman spider. Don't really care, I'll kill it's mother if I find her, on Mother's Day.

Rodents, spiders & sharks all die on my property. And clowns.

I've got this deal with sharks, show up in my world and die. In return I do not go into the ocean.

Getting eaten is at the top of my 10 ways I refuse to die from list.

Seriously, you don't know what you're missing!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Settle down there slick. Don't knock it till you try it. If you have ever swam in the Caribbean in the middle of Summer, you'd know!

But most of my friends call it the world's biggest bathtub, LOL!
Oh I am calm, and jealous, very jealous. I hate cold more than anyone, probably including you.

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Oh I am calm, and jealous, very jealous. I hate cold more than anyone, probably including you.

Well, I have to run it by Tmesic first, and if he approves it:

Arizona is open, we'll leave a light on!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning, than bitten by a shark!
Exactly, since I don't go into oceans and live in Arizona.
If you choose to play in the ocean and turn into somethings snack, that's your choice. At least your funeral costs will be minimal. And I'll still send flowers.

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Exactly, since I don't go into oceans and live in Arizona.
If you choose to play in the ocean and turn into somethings snack, that's your choice. At least your funeral costs will be minimal. And I'll still send flowers.

You're missing a lot, that's all I'll say. I've been all over the world, just to lay on beaches, and swim in the oceans. IMO, ain't nothing better!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You're missing a lot, that's all I'll say. I've been all over the world, just to lay on beaches, and swim in the oceans. IMO, ain't nothing better!
Don't get me wrong, look e hanging out on the beach. Been up & down both coasts, Belize, Australia, Bahamas. Spent a couple winters down in the Keys.
Was body surfing off of Galveston back in the 70's. I got bit by a Sand Shark. Couple years later my (former) roommate got mauled while surfing off of Australia. Haven't been back in the ocean since.
I have 2 different types of skin cancer now adays so hanging out on the beach probably isn't a great idea. Neither is living / working (still) in Arizona, but I have plenty of long sleeve shirts and sun screen. At least nothing will eat me here.

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Don't get me wrong, look e hanging out on the beach. Been up & down both coasts, Belize, Australia, Bahamas. Spent a couple winters down in the Keys.
Was body surfing off of Galveston back in the 70's. I got bit by a Sand Shark. Couple years later my (former) roommate got mauled while surfing off of Australia. Haven't been back in the ocean since.
I have 2 different types of skin cancer now adays so hanging out on the beach probably isn't a great idea. Neither is living / working (still) in Arizona, but I have plenty of long sleeve shirts and sun screen. At least nothing will eat me here.

We need to meet, and have a beer or 20 together! Sounds a lot like my life, without the skin cancer (Thank God!)

·
Registered
985 Posts
We have a place in Parker and the first thing we do when we visit is Insect bombs and spraying the baseboards.
Then head to Foxes for a few hours.
We return hours later we find dead Recluse.
One bite your are never correct again for life.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Arizona "perks"

We have a place in Parker and the first thing we do when we visit is Insect bombs and spraying the baseboards.
Then head to Foxes for a few hours.
We return hours later we find dead Recluse.
One bite your are never correct again for life.
Foxes was a fun day place back when I went to Parker. Sundance was wild back then too.

My parents had a place at Branson’s until about 1994.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Back to the sharks, if you are on the surface you are a lure, if you are under the water ie scuba you are just another shark!! If you swim in the ocean in southern cal for more than one day chances are you have been close to a great white.

Only attacks are on surface swimmers and divers who are spearing fish in poor vis water.

Dove with white tips in Maui, multiple dives at Catalina island in cal where there is an 18' great white thought to live there year round, lost of videos on youtube showing her and I am sure she has seen me but I have never seen here. The point is they do not want you but if you are going to play on the surface like a tasty treat, well............

case in point, these guys are spear fishing and at the surface at the reef she lives at and after the first sighting they are in the water an hour later, you cant coach stupid.

See they are just like big dogs that want to come over and check out what is going on.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts