Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this Brown Recluse spider this evening in my mailbox.
Can't wait until the 120°s .......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
He’s just lookin for a little snack

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
And that is why we need to keep anyone from moving here! Never ever saw one or heard of one as a kid, transplant a few million people from places where they live and presto we now have them here.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
One of my friends got bit by one of them. He was in the hospital for a week, and took about 4 - 5 months for his leg to completely heal. They are like rattlesnakes, their venom kills from the inside to out. His leg was a mess!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my friends got bit by one of them. He was in the hospital for a week, and took about 4 - 5 months for his leg to completely heal. They are like rattlesnakes, their venom kills from the inside to out. His leg was a mess!
Yup, worked with a guy who got bit, I think in his sleep. Was out of work for a couple weeks, took months to heal. Still has a chunk of meat missing from his calf.
Guess it could of been worse, bit somewhere more "private".

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
Yup, worked with a guy who got bit, I think in his sleep. Was out of work for a couple weeks, took months to heal. Still has a chunk of meat missing from his calf.
Guess it could of been worse, bit somewhere more "private".

Don't go there! LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I read a story about a guy in australia that went into the outhouse and got bit by their black widow type of spider , it was hiding under the seat , got it in the nuts. ,a couple months later he got hit again you'd think after the first time he'd take a look before sitting, I guess some of the aussi construction workers aren't to brite

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I read a story about a guy in australia that went into the outhouse and got bit by their black widow type of spider , it was hiding under the seat , got it in the nuts. ,a couple months later he got hit again you'd think after the first time he'd take a look before sitting, I guess some of the aussi construction workers aren't to brite
Is this the part where I point out the irony of spelling the word " bright" wrong?

Check YES_____ or NO_____:wink:

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Is this the part where I point out the irony of spelling the word " bright" wrong?

Check YES_____ or NO_____:wink:

Tim
Pick on me all you want Im heading to Mojave for 6 days of riding, and consuming massive amounts of everything including CnH2n+1OH

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Arizona "perks"

Pick on me all you want Im heading to Mojave for 6 days of riding, and consuming massive amounts of everything including CnH2n+1OH
Weather is going to be perfect. I am heading to the high desert this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
That is a Huntsman spider, not a Brown Recluse.
I thought Jim Fowler just past away? Holy Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom, for those that are old enough.......

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
And nothing about the heat? You're slipping.....
Is it hot already? Mid-June is when your 110+ for 90 days straight starts. At least you have your 90 degree pool water to cool you off. I will be in the AZ heat in June, but I will have the Colorado river to jump in. Nothing like a 40 degree difference between the air temp and water temp.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts