Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you Az guys, I am planning on buying a lot in a RV park and becoming a snowbird. I currently only go to Phoenix once a year for the NASCAR race, I usually stay at the Wig Wam resort, a top notch faclity. So I don't really know the rest of the state. Did drive to Vegas once from Phoenix, cool trip, but had to stay on the black top. I like to ride my Mav, run my Jeep, and use my boat. Where would you all recommend I park my 5th wheel to facilitate these activities. Sure do appreciate the help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would highly recommend looking up in the carefree/cave creek area. I live just south east of there in an area called Rio Verde Foothills. I attached a coup,e pics from my last weekend ride. There is tons of riding in the northern most part of the metro area. This would include far north Peoria, Glendale, Phoenix, Anthem, Black Canyon City, cave creek/carefree & Scottsdale. There are also a lot of great places in the south east valley by the Superstition Mountains. Heck, you're picking a great place to come as a snowbird! The riding that time of year is awesome plus the dunes are only a few hours west.
Here are my pictures from the Verde River last Saturday.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I would check out pioneer rv park off I-17 and pioneer road ur centrally located to everything riding boating and nice area wise

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in Lake Havasu and I can say that for snowbirds who want the best of both off road, lake, and winter weather it is hard to beat Lake Havasu. I would highly recommend you look here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can check the Casa Grande and Florence area as well. Canyon and Apache Lake as well as lots of UTV areas to ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts