Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Are you happy with your maverick.......what would you buy today?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we get a lot of folks browsing the forum looking for advice on what to buy, I thought it would be helpful if we started a poll to see how satisfied the current owners are with their mavericks and if they had to choose today, what would would they buy......Please only vote if you currently own a Maverick.

Option 1:
- I love my Maverick and would do it all over again if I was going to buy a new SXS today!

Option 2:
- Polaris XP

Option 3:
- Arctic Cat Wildcat X

Option 4:
- Something else

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set the poll up so you could see who voted for what but when you click on the link on the number of votes it says page not found???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I love mine. Next one will be a max. If I seen that before i bought mine it would have been the xrs max all the way.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I like it wish there was a factory turbo option tho

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sorry guys, But due to my bad experience with the clutch recall, Having it snap on the side of a bowl, instead of the dealership fixing it before I took it out. Then, after I got it fixed, it now makes a whining noise at slow steady speeds, The same sound it made just before it snapped, I feel like I'm driving a glass doll, waiting for it to break at any time. . . .Right now I have no confidence in my ride to take it dunning. I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from you guys, but honestley I find myself regretting my purchase. Does any of your Mavs make a whining noise at slow steady speeds ??

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm sorry guys, But due to my bad experience with the clutch recall, Having it snap on the side of a bowl, instead of the dealership fixing it before I took it out. Then, after I got it fixed, it now makes a whining noise at slow steady speeds, The same sound it made just before it snapped, I feel like I'm driving a glass doll, waiting for it to break at any time. . . .Right now I have no confidence in my ride to take it dunning. I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from you guys, but honestley I find myself regretting my purchase. Does any of your Mavs make a whining noise at slow steady speeds ??

do u have the newest recall from last month ? if so drive the snot out of it,- the cluthes make noise rattle and wine at low speeds, its normal and will not break , also your CVT warranty is 1 year on all mavericks , so drive it hard this first year and stop worrying !!!! :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nope no whine just that damn clattering crap at idle. I cant wait until i get the dough for the stm set up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't blame ya. I had my secondary come loose on the first outing. I was not a happy camper. Naturally I was worried afterwards but I've put almost 200 miles on it now and have gained back my confidence in the machine. Mine does not make the noise you mention. I would suggest putting some time on it and break the belt in some. See if it goes away.

I think all brands skimp out way too much on these things. For what they charge us they should be a lot nicer. It's easy for everyone to follow everyone else's lead and build these things cheap. That is the reason why the aftermarket is so strong for utv's. these things are hot right now. Supply and demand. Manufacturers are taking full advantage of that.

Someone should make a master list - for each of the most popular machines - listing the issues that need to be addressed or things that need to be watched. This way an owner or potential buyer can be more informed and know what they might be up against. Pass it around to each forum and let the owners add things to it. Update each master list from time to time. Problem is, people are so brand loyal (it's the most ridiculous thing to me) that it would be a never ending debate. Sad for the consumer.

Maverick

1. Clutch recall - most report proper functioning after done properly (and then attach the service page)
2. Seats come loose from seat bases - tighten screws intermittently or replace with bolts
3. Shock O-rings go bad - replace with aftermarket silicon (sizes or link here)
4. Glove box won't stay closed - (solution here -link)
5. Stock tie rods are a weak point - aftermarket (options)
6. Seat will rub on the outside edge causing it to wear a hole -(solution? Link)

RZR1000xp

1. Shock shafts are weak - walker Evans offers a shaft 40% stronger than stock

Wildcat 1000

And so on. This would be nice. Everyone should have this to look at. People act like its airing THEIR dirty laundry though. You didn't design the damn thing, you just bought it! And if you did design it, I'm sure you'd like to know where you fell short :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Two things in this world I can honestly say I will never get ride of My 7.3 power stroke I've had since 99 300,000 miles n Strong n my Maverick. They have a great relationship how could I split that up..now my business might change or the pretty lady on my right has a couple times but not those two things

·
Registered
211 Posts
Love my Mav! Haven't had a single problem with it except for hitting a tree with it but I don't think they are supposed to hold up to that! :crazy:
IMAG0219.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
They didn't. They were the first things that failed. But I am getting a new frame because of it. The dealer sites it as a safety issue and they won't weld anything to the frame even if the frame isn't bent. So insurance signed off on it and I get a new frame.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't blame ya. I had my secondary come loose on the first outing. I was not a happy camper. Naturally I was worried afterwards but I've put almost 200 miles on it now and have gained back my confidence in the machine. Mine does not make the noise you mention. I would suggest putting some time on it and break the belt in some. See if it goes away.

I think all brands skimp out way too much on these things. For what they charge us they should be a lot nicer. It's easy for everyone to follow everyone else's lead and build these things cheap. That is the reason why the aftermarket is so strong for utv's. these things are hot right now. Supply and demand. Manufacturers are taking full advantage of that.

Someone should make a master list - for each of the most popular machines - listing the issues that need to be addressed or things that need to be watched. This way an owner or potential buyer can be more informed and know what they might be up against. Pass it around to each forum and let the owners add things to it. Update each master list from time to time. Problem is, people are so brand loyal (it's the most ridiculous thing to me) that it would be a never ending debate. Sad for the consumer.

Maverick

1. Clutch recall - most report proper functioning after done properly (and then attach the service page)
2. Seats come loose from seat bases - tighten screws intermittently or replace with bolts
3. Shock O-rings go bad - replace with aftermarket silicon (sizes or link here)
4. Glove box won't stay closed - (solution here -link)
5. Stock tie rods are a weak point - aftermarket (options)
6. Seat will rub on the outside edge causing it to wear a hole -(solution? Link)

RZR1000xp

1. Shock shafts are weak - walker Evans offers a shaft 40% stronger than stock

Wildcat 1000

And so on. This would be nice. Everyone should have this to look at. People act like its airing THEIR dirty laundry though. You didn't design the damn thing, you just bought it! And if you did design it, I'm sure you'd like to know where you fell short :)
You forgot the Starter recall for the Mav.

I have to tell you, if I was going out and buying a new SxS today it would be the 1KXP. For several reasons, it's faster, they have options to make it even faster, companies are developing aftermarket products for Polaris at 10 to 1 vs Can-am. I'm just being honest. I love my Maverick more so after all the work I have done but after spending 1500 on a clutch and 1100 on exhaust/TB I'm going to be pissed when a stock 1KXP beats me. I know you guys are all proud can-am owners, I am too. Remember I went from a Commander to a Maverick, I was pissed when my Commander was beat by the first 900 XP 3 months after I bought it. I will be the same when a 1KXP pulls away from me, at least I got almost a year out of my Mav before getting smoked.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Aftermarket is very strong for the Polaris. I didn't take that into consideration. Maverick is coming around but will never be where it is for RZR's.

I was just making examples up above. I'm sure we could make a long list as could other brand owners.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts