Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not everyone can wrench on their own machine. Disability or maybe they don't store it at there own home, time is money so maybe someone makes more money with their time etc. Heck or maybe someone has wrenched on their machines their whole life and if they can afford it then why not pay someone else to do the dirty work.
I only think about riding and discovering great places like my signature says. Not everyone wants to do the wrenching, although I've done a little as needed, and have changed tires several times. I feel that greasing is better done by the professionals. My question today was asked to try to delve into what is really going on inside those bearings, and I did read most posts in this topic before asking my question.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
They've only done about 25 things for me PERFECTLY.......that's all. Also, my Service Advisor told me they had 100 current customers in the queue.

What I'm looking for by asking the question is a little more intelligent reply or strategy. I have no problem being a guy who doesn't want to work on them myself.
He gave you an intelligent, informed answer.

Having owned and serviced and HAVING had Ride Now service my machines I can tell you it is HIGHLY likley the lowest level skilled tech is working on " maintenance "

Perhaps you should listen to folks who experince in these matters and try and learn from them.

I RARELY find a sevice department I trust and Ride now, and I have tried 3 of their dealerships is rarely trustworthy.

I use Nash now when I dont have time or a warranty issue and they have been competent. Even so I try to do as much as I can.

Live and learn!

Tim

Reactions: Ledfoot

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
371 Posts
I didn’t mean to come off hard like I do all my own work. I do the work on my own buggy. We have another 6 (defenders and rangers, bosses toys). Those all go in to get serviced.
I like to work on my stuff, I know others like to have it done. No hate man.
Or should say a lot of items on these are easier than they sound to do on a morning over the weekend.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Having owned and serviced and HAVING had Ride Now service my machines I can tell you it is HIGHLY likley the lowest level skilled tech is working on " maintenance "

Perhaps you should listen to folks who experince in these matters and try and learn from them.

I RARELY find a sevice department I trust and Ride now, and I have tried 3 of their dealerships is rarely trustworthy.

I use Nash now when I dont have time or a warranty issue and they have been competent. Even so I try to do as much as I can.

Live and learn!

Tim
I disagree with you about his "intelligent" answer to me. Perhaps I should NOT listen to anyone who's post I disagree with, and listen to the ones that make sense for me and my goals or projects.

I have been taking my vehicles to car and truck dealerships for decades. Ride Now Peoria has beaten them all in terms of doing things right and doing things fairly. I know I will never be able to convince any of the people in this forum who don't like dealerships. I applaud all guys who do their own work though. Some of them really like doing it, and some are pretty good at it.

Nash was already on my list of dealerships to explore if/when I decide to get a new SxS again. Thanks for letting me know what you think of Nash.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I only think about riding and discovering great places like my signature says. Not everyone wants to do the wrenching, although I've done a little as needed, and have changed tires several times. I feel that greasing is better done by the professionals. My question today was asked to try to delve into what is really going on inside those bearings, and I did read most posts in this topic before asking my question.
Man you are all over the place. You ask how to grease wheel bearings. Then you say it’s best to leave it to the professionals? What happens if something breaks on one of your “adventures ?” Call aaa? Don’t think that works. My answer to was intelligent I can’t help it you don’t understand basic Mechanical skills or the importance of being self sufficient. Then you call me a dumb ass. Lol. Pot calling the kettle black .... don’t ya think? I hope you ride with people who know how to fix stuff when it breaks. I’m am glad you have taken 4 lug nuts off before to change a tire. That’s a step in the right direction. Good luck bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man you are all over the place. You ask how to grease wheel bearings. Then you say it’s best to leave it to the professionals? What happens if something breaks on one of your “adventures ?” Call aaa? Don’t think that works. My answer to was intelligent I can’t help it you don’t understand basic Mechanical skills or the importance of being self sufficient. Then you call me a dumb ass. Lol. Pot calling the kettle black .... don’t ya think? I hope you ride with people who know how to fix stuff when it breaks. I’m am glad you have taken 4 lug nuts off before to change a tire. That’s a step in the right direction. Good luck bud

I underlined your incorrect comment. Go back now and re-read my original post. I NEVER ASKED how to grease bearings. Go back and READ IT!!! I've noticed your posts for a while and you're a professional arguer. That's why I replied to you the way I replied to you. And now after using your false fact about my first post, you try to interject other things and I'm not playing your stupid game.

Maybe you should apply over at CNN. They would love you.

And I wish you no luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Live and learn!

Tim
Nash and Adrenaline power sports are best in the valley imo
But as he said they areALL booked for weeks

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I underlined your incorrect comment. Go back now and re-read my original post. I NEVER ASKED how to grease bearings. Go back and READ IT!!! I've noticed your posts for a while and you're a professional arguer. That's why I replied to you the way I replied to you. And now after using your false fact about my first post, you try to interject other things and I'm not playing your stupid game.

Maybe you should apply over at CNN. They would love you.

And I wish you no luck.
Really. CNN. Lol I argue when I’m right. I did misread your post I was going of clockwork’s statement. I honestly took you for a dem. But apparently I’m wrong. That is definitely the only thing we have in common . When you do break down and you will at some point just remember when your searching for cell service I’m laughing .

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I disagree with you about his "intelligent" answer to me. Perhaps I should NOT listen to anyone who's post I disagree with, and listen to the ones that make sense for me and my goals or projects.

I have been taking my vehicles to car and truck dealerships for decades. Ride Now Peoria has beaten them all in terms of doing things right and doing things fairly. I know I will never be able to convince any of the people in this forum who don't like dealerships. I applaud all guys who do their own work though. Some of them really like doing it, and some are pretty good at it.

Nash was already on my list of dealerships to explore if/when I decide to get a new SxS again. Thanks for letting me know what you think of Nash.
If you try Nash in Phoenix, you can ask for Eric, the service manager.

He is very knowledgeable and has always been on his game every time I went there.

I can rarely say that about Ride Now. Just my experience and numerous others by the way.

Tim

Reactions: Phoenix7

·
Registered
108 Posts
remember when your searching for cell service I’m laughing .

the only satellite phone without a monthly sub..you get 10 free calls. They are preset like " I need help" but it pinpoints your exact location and it goes to your contacts or 911..
It's a bit awkard to get used to it but if you want to be sure you have a communication line with the world this is what you need
Also it can send your location every 10 min to a contact you choose ..I believe you have to pay for that feature

Some ppl might find it useful

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you try Nash in Phoenix, you can ask for Eric, the service manager.

He is very knowledgeable and has always been on his game every time I went there.

I can rarely say that about Ride Now. Just my experience and numerous others by the way.

Tim
Thanks for the information Tim. I will remember Eric.

I went to Ride Now Peoria over a year ago after getting an unfair estimate at another Ride Now closer to where I live. I know there is no perfect place and it's dangerous to not stay skeptical, like you need to keep asking questions of your service advisor. But I hope I keep getting good service in Peoria, especially this week while they're doing about 5 things.

·
Registered
238 Posts

the only satellite phone without a monthly sub..you get 10 free calls. They are preset like " I need help" but it pinpoints your exact location and it goes to your contacts or 911..
It's a bit awkard to get used to it but if you want to be sure you have a communication line with the world this is what you need
Also it can send your location every 10 min to a contact you choose ..I believe you have to pay for that feature

Some ppl might find it useful
My T-Mobile service sucks, so I take my company iPhone (with Verizon) with me every time and it never fails.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Someone mentioned grease recommendations, I have the compact grease gun, I use the Lucas stuff you can buy locally, it comes in a variety pack of three tubes. They have a red and green variety, I think one is tacky, and one is heavy duty. Anyways. It's good stuff, inexpensive and easy to get.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Someone mentioned grease recommendations, I have the compact grease gun, I use the Lucas stuff you can buy locally, it comes in a variety pack of three tubes. They have a red and green variety, I think one is tacky, and one is heavy duty. Anyways. It's good stuff, inexpensive and easy to get.
Based on what you guys said I found this company on Ebay
10 for $47
Do you find it cheaper locally?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Does a dealer even have a grease fitting for bearings?
I know one dealer around hear never heard of it, would only replace them as the said they are sealed and can't grease them....lol :rolleyes: :unsure:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does a dealer even have a grease fitting for bearings?
I know one dealer around hear never heard of it, would only replace them as the said they are sealed and can't grease them....lol :rolleyes: :unsure:
I doubt they do. The shop manual only covers wheel bearing inspection and replacement. I'm all for greasing them.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts

Sounds like you have used that dealership before with good results. There should be nothing to worry about. It is doubtful the bearings are toast at that mileage.

Reactions: Phoenix7

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sounds like you have used that dealership before with good results. There should be nothing to worry about. It is doubtful the bearings are toast at that mileage.
Thanks for the advice Sand Shark. I always value your opinions here and in the dunes forum too, even though I don't always tell you. I know you have serious miles on your SxS, and also excellent technical knowledge.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I doubt they do. The shop manual only covers wheel bearing inspection and replacement. I'm all for greasing them.
Yes, and the problem being is some wheel bearings may come with more grease in them than others.
I know where some have failed in the first couple hundred miles and were dry as hell.
I was amazed when my bearings took 12-14 pumps before they were full and that was with the big hand held pump.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts