Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
There was never an issue before with grease in the wheel bearings. Internet hype in my opinion.
Close to 5800 miles on my X3 and no grease added.

If you did a lot of mudding and rode in water a lot, then add some grease. For relatively dry conditions the bearings are just fine.

·
Premium Member
6,969 Posts
Are you saying the " cool kids club" saying " grease your wheel bearings " is not in the cool kids club anymore? Tim

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Are you saying the " cool kids club" saying " grease your wheel bearings " is not in the cool kids club anymore? Tim
I suppose I am saying that, but then again I said that when the Grease-19 pandemic started.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I did mine after 200 miles. You can tell the bearings got hot. Did another car and same deal. Cheaper to do it, be done with it, rather than pounding on bearing races and replacing worn out stuff.
Guys will spend $1k on a tuner and clutch kit, $1k on A Arms, $1k on radius rods, etc etc.. But don't want to buy a tool for $40ish and put some grease in the hubs for peace of mind?

Some guys have had issues, some haven't, it's just insurance for the bearings...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I did mine after 200 miles. You can tell the bearings got hot. Did another car and same deal. Cheaper to do it, be done with it, rather than pounding on bearing races and replacing worn out stuff.
Guys will spend $1k on a tuner and clutch kit, $1k on A Arms, $1k on radius rods, etc etc.. But don't want to buy a tool for $40ish and put some grease in the hubs for peace of mind?

Some guys have had issues, some haven't, it's just insurance for the bearings...

I totally agree. Out here in the East, bearings last about 300 miles and there toast if you do not stay up on the grease.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
One of the big problem with bearing assys that have large void spaces is anything that is not clean, dry or a lubricant.
Bearing comes up to operating temps, grease (and everything) expands and pushes out some grease and gas; at cool down it ingests whatever is outside.
In clean dry air it is just clean dry air.
High humidity, it will be moisture.
In Water, it will be water.
In mud, it will be mud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2020 XRS Turbo RR a couple months ago. Greased the wheel bearings before it had 3 miles on it and each corner took 18 pumps from a Menards pistol grip gun like clockwork. I used the CA technologies tool and it worked great. Seems like a no-brainer, and great peace of mind for not much money and effort.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The X3 owners are fortunate in that the bearings can be greased from around the axles. I guarantee that if you had to remove a bunch of crap to access the bearings, as on the Mav Sport, you won’t be greasing bearings every 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
125 Posts
Is this gonna bring back the east coast west coast battle.? Lol grease em or you’ll be replacing on east coast . West coast apparently runs on Tim’s unicorn rainbows. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unicorn Rainbows :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are there any of those grease tools to avoid, or are better at the job?

Seen some of the cheaper ones down in the 15-20 range, are those cheap chinese ones sufficient for the purpose as long as they slip over the axles?

·
Premium Member
6,969 Posts
Unicorn Rainbows :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Only Polaris runs on the Rainbow Unicorn Law! 😂 Tim

Oh and the owners of a Polaris are right next to them prancing on their tippy toes!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Only Polaris runs on the Rainbow Unicorn Law! 😂 Tim

Oh and the owners of a Polaris are right next to them prancing on their tippy toes!
You use to own a Polaris.

Reactions: Backwoods87
1 - 20 of 100 Posts