Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I thought this was a cure for some of the sway bar links that have broken. I don't think it will do anything for ride quality. Of course I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,576 Posts
I'm under the opinion that they will work, or else I'm out $300, LOL! I'll find out in about 8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
https://www.proutvparts.com/collect...cts/rear-sway-bar-shock-canam-by-walker-evans

There doesn't seem to be many reviews online, even from the POlariS guys. I'd like to know if they truly improve the XDS's bone jarring ride over slow speed trail chop.
The links will allow for more articulation and may soften the ride slightly. If you really want to make a difference in ride quality get the shocks revalved and sprung.

Getting the Shock work done will be money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
https://www.proutvparts.com/collect...cts/rear-sway-bar-shock-canam-by-walker-evans

There doesn't seem to be many reviews online, even from the POlariS guys. I'd like to know if they truly improve the XDS's bone jarring ride over slow speed trail chop.
No gimmick - removing sway bars appears to provide a plushier ride with lots of roll and what these seem to do is give the plush ride of a removed rear sway bar over light chop, but kick in over fast or heavy chop to give the tighter performance that the sway bar is designed to give.

To me, adding these and removing the front sway bar did much more for making a plushier ride than shock revolving, tubes, and springs. I did that first and still wanted a softer ride, and messing with the sway bars finally got the machine to ride like I wanted it to ride over the ROUGH, rocky mountain/desert trails I like to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

No gimmick - removing sway bars appears to provide a plushier ride with lots of roll and what these seem to do is give the plush ride of a removed rear sway bar over light chop, but kick in over fast or heavy chop to give the tighter performance that the sway bar is designed to give.

To me, adding these and removing the front sway bar did much more for making a plushier ride than shock revolving, tubes, and springs. I did that first and still wanted a softer ride, and messing with the sway bars finally got the machine to ride like I wanted it to ride over the ROUGH, rocky mountain/desert trails I like to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Who did your shock tune?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just added these to my list

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Is the ride any plusher if the shocks are adjusted to it's softest settings?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I did a Z bro's spring kit and it really helped out. I thought it was a very good bang for the buck. They really helped on the chop. I will also probably do a revalve down the road just for the best ride possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
It appears that the ones who want to remove the sway bars are really only going in straight line driving..??? Dune riding??? I can't imagine removing the sway bar for my style of driving. I race, and not seen one person (whether a Polaris or Can Am) have either front or back bars removed. Nor have had a suspension company recommend doing this. Granted it may make it ride smoother. I find it could also make a car flip if you are not paying attention while driving, say through the woods or switch backs. The biggest improvement has been to have a suspension company re-valve/re-spring for your particular driving style.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
So far I haven't found a easy way to make them fit the XDS. The shock doesn't clear the trailing arm and you can't run it the other way because the heim on that end is solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
It appears that the ones who want to remove the sway bars are really only going in straight line driving..??? Dune riding??? I can't imagine removing the sway bar for my style of driving. I race, and not seen one person (whether a Polaris or Can Am) have either front or back bars removed. Nor have had a suspension company recommend doing this. Granted it may make it ride smoother. I find it could also make a car flip if you are not paying attention while driving, say through the woods or switch backs. The biggest improvement has been to have a suspension company re-valve/re-spring for your particular driving style.
Racing is a very narrow use. Many UTVS don't come with front sway bars. Xp1k as an example. Rock crawling often means removing both. If you are racing or driving aggressive in groomed situations (desert, dunes, fire roads, etc) then it makes sense to run both. It's even mentioned in the suspension thread about removing front sway bar and tuning shocks to run without. Extremely common practice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't have it in front of me, but I called to get more explicit instructions/pictures as I thought same.. but they do work w/xds

1 - 20 of 96 Posts