Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying window nets to keep arms in the vehicle during a rollover. The window nets offered from Can Am say they are for wind protection. Does anyone know if these will work for safety purposes as well?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I’m sure for liability reasons, they cannot be considered safety but it would be better than nothing in an accident.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
I would not trust them. I test drove some of the 2019 models and the test vehicles had them. They were sagging and the velcrow didn't last. I would spend money on a custom set or wear wrist restraints.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mega is spot on no Bueno!

Biggest problem with the factory is the rubber O ring fails 6 months in the AZ weather, that hooks them in to the front hoop and a magnet that secures them to the top. Keeps weeds, mud, cholla cactus & palo verde tree stickers out

Our car came with all sorts of factory crap on it so buy good ones if you looking at keeping stuff inside

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mega is spot on no Bueno!

Biggest problem with the factory is the rubber O ring fails 6 months in the AZ weather, that hooks them in to the front hoop and a magnet that secures them to the top. Keeps weeds, mud, cholla cactus & palo verde tree stickers out

Our car came with all sorts of factory crap on it so buy good ones if you looking at keeping stuff inside

View attachment 257567
I wish I would have seen this before ordering a set! Completely useless.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I should add that you can modify them with small luggage straps with quick release faster around the magnet top and permanent to one end of the front

But if you want real protection customs are best

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get some motorsport arm restraints - but ensure that they are released when the harness is released!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts