Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Tim you should have never asked Mega for help in the first place! its like taking an alcoholic to a bar you just cant do it. I just keep sharing little insights to where all this started and when wrong so long ago, so newbies on the forum are not completely lost. This video help us understand a little more, Mega is a lot younger and thinner he is the guy on the far right of the video, Time is also younger and is the middle guy glade he no longer smokes. it understandable after all on the forum we allays want to help out a fellow rider but you never know the can of worms it can open up!!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
P.S. I think the liners are good from all the feedback I have heard, still have not blown my belt with it installed and NO, no one else has either.

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
What do you guys think about the carbon fiber liners and the one piece liners vs the two piece aluminum liners?
One. Piece is nice for the guys who dont have the skills to pull the clutches. Carbon fiber just doesnt seem strong enough for me and has to be thicker than aluminum which makes it a real pita to install a new belt.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I agree that the aluminum would be more durable and not subject to deterioration from heat like carbon fiber would be.
If your going to protect the clutch housing, why not pull the clutch & secondary and protect the entire inner?
I haven't done this yet, but it's on my list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think this video kinda says a lot about this discussion and hey they blew a belt on purpose to test it out!

IMO bolting or riveting liners to the plastic just ad's a point of failure at each hole you drill...... the new drop in liners can be made thicker because you can just remove it to change a belt no worries about clearance between the clutch and cover and a little more room to clean out the blown belt...... What ever happened to the aluminum replacement clutch cover there was some pics a long time ago and never herd what happened with it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All I can say is this liner was real thick and i have no doubts it will hold up to heat and multiple belt blasts IMO. Plenty of guys running this in the dunes with tons of heat. But I don't have a 'dog in this hunt", just took video of stuff I am doing to my sleigh...and if helps someone...great. The debate and discussion is helpful too.

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
Tim you should have never asked Mega for help in the first place! its like taking an alcoholic to a bar you just cant do it. I just keep sharing little insights to where all this started and when wrong so long ago, so newbies on the forum are not completely lost. This video help us understand a little more, Mega is a lot younger and thinner he is the guy on the far right of the video, Time is also younger and is the middle guy glade he no longer smokes. it understandable after all on the forum we allays want to help out a fellow rider but you never know the can of worms it can open up!!

Guess that leaves you as the guy on the left! :big smile:

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
It's tough being the innocent bystander! There is an unspoken rule in men's restrooms. You never take the open urinal between two people when there are others available! So when it happens you finish up and walk away��

·
Premium Member
9,763 Posts
I don't use that rule. I like to get right up next to someone, even if there are 5 empty ones lined up. Makes it nice and awkward. Sometimes I'll even pat the guy on the ass some so he jumps and piss goes all over the place. Then I wink at him and he hurries out.
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!!

Thanks for the laugh...........I think??????

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
I don't use that rule. I like to get right up next to someone, even if there are 5 empty ones lined up. Makes it nice and awkward. Sometimes I'll even pat the guy on the ass some so he jumps and piss goes all over the place. Then I wink at him and he hurries out.
nice!! some guys are shy and afraid to try new things. Im glad our friend Tim is not alone in this world and will have a friend in Mgrotel at the urinal.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts