Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I just put one on and have not blown a belt with it yet however the results without one was total devastation!!

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
worth it depends on what one you get. The over priced name brands are not worth it in my opinion. Carbon fiber definitely NOT worth it in my opinion. There are less expensive versions running around ebay and other places. Spend some time with poster board and scissors and make a template then cut that out of 20ga aluminum.

the end goal is to prevent destroying you inner plastic housing which is $160ish (ithink). Even more is the PITA to remove clutches and replace the housing.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
worth it depends on what one you get. The over priced name brands are not worth it in my opinion. Carbon fiber definitely worth in in m opinion. There are less expensive versions running around ebay and other places. Spend some time with poster board and scissors and make a template then cut that out of 20ga aluminum.

the end goal is to prevent destroying you inner plastic housing which is $160ish (ithink). Even more is the PITA to remove clutches and replace the housing.

Why do you think more of the carbon fiber? Tim

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Geiser is down to 169. For a 1 piece alum. 080 94 for the 2 piece that needs to be bolted in

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have blown five belts in the dunes and it’s never come close to taking out my covers. I’m not usually a lucky kind a guy so go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Blew a belt in the dunes no issue, blew a belt on high speed run in the desert and it looked like a 1/2 stick of dynamite went off

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s funny, i know this guy Tim who blew 5 guys with black belts. You know him?
I have to be more careful with my word choice on this forum

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I have to be more careful with my word choice on this forum

The issue is Mega turns everything into one of his gay fantasies.

You think it's bad posting, try being in a group text with him. I have had to use hand sanitizer on my phone more than once after reading his text !
Tim
:serious:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts