Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the options avalible to get an intermittent power steering issue solved, would love some basic information about the options avalible if anyone might understand these systems.

Can any stock X3 steering motor assembly be used with any existing power steering module?

A 2017 PS module could pair with a 2021 PS motor, or vice versa? Or is there intercompatibility issues to any of this hardware when mixed and matched?

If there is compatibility issues, what years and versions are compatible between what I think are at least 3 iterations of PS hardware?

They all have to be paired by communication software from the module to the power steering module?

What is the difference between the strongest PS unit BRP has supplied compared to the ePower Steering unit? Has anyone had and used both epower steering and the OEM system extensivly and could advise? Any Pros/Cons to each setup?

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
2017 unit has a different plug. 2018 and newer should all work. You do have to program the ecu for the power steering.

I upgraded my 2018 with a 2019 unit a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rotarypower101
1 - 2 of 2 Posts