Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does coating your car with that stuff help keep mud off or is it just to make it look pretty?
It doesn’t work like Pam or other rider tricks to keep the mud from sticking but I do think it helps the mud come off easier and shortens the pressure wash time. For me other than the super glossy initial sheen it seems to hang around for a couple washes. Except for sand, SC1 and sand are no buneo, it glues sand to the car unless all residue is washed off. I also order by the case and do not use it on the tires. Much cheaper tire dressing out there if you want the bling. Case usually comes with a bonus air freshener too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Try PLEXUS, it’s slightly cheaper than SC1 but it was developed for the aviation industry, specifically for windscreens which are prone to scratches. It doesn’t attract dust and the protection lasts a few washes. Check it out, been using it since 2018. Bonus, it works great on plastic headlight lenses on your vehicles as well and prevents them from getting that haze that dulls the headlamp brightness.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try PLEXUS, it’s slightly cheaper than SC1 but it was developed for the aviation industry, specifically for windscreens which are prone to scratches. It doesn’t attract dust and the protection lasts a few washes. Check it out, been using it since 2018. Bonus, it works great on plastic headlight lenses on your vehicles as well and prevents them from getting that haze that dulls the headlamp brightness.
Looks like great stuff but it's like $10 more per can than SC1. Where are you buying it?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My case of SC1 just arrived. I’m good for a while. Case of 12 delivered to my door for $101.00. About $8 a can is bearable.
I just finished my last case . I always spray mine down in the garage my garage smells amazing for a few days :). Love that stuff ! Did they included the hanging car air freshener that smalls like it ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just finished my last case . I always spray mine down in the garage my garage smells amazing for a few days :). Love that stuff ! Did they included the hanging car air freshener that smalls like it ?
No hanging air freshener in my delivery.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
GSHINE
IMO this beats them all. Leaves no greasy or "extra shine", literally make the plastic look new and not like you just sprayed it down with a product. Many car dealers use this detailing used cars.
If you buy right you can get it for about $6-$7 per can by the case through a distributor.
And it smells a lot like SC1!
Liquid Bottle Blue Sleeve Drinkware

Bought some of this but I haven't tried it yet
Liquid Bottle Fluid Plastic bottle Gas

21 - 35 of 35 Posts